Simgot EN700 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Feb 9, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #217 of 293
Simgot EN700 Bass impressions: 

Sound Signature:
    -Gentle U-shaped, natural, balanced, a tasteful splash of extra bass
    -Bass mid-to-sub-bass ratio is very good. Bass is present, relatively impactful, but still shaped well
    -Mids are (compared to the original EN700) warmer and easier on the ears. Mids are slightly more clear and have a more natural decay.
    -Treble is toned back a tiny bit, with a peaks that are much kinder to the ears.

Overall, I'm very impressed so far with how well Simgot came back from the original EN700, which in my mid, was a pretty average IEM. What we have here is a great example of how to solicit feedback from the community and implement it.

Full exhaustive review to come soon.

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #218 of 293
My complete EN700 Bass review is done!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/simgot-en700-bass-in-ear-n50-high-magnetic-composite-moving-coil-dynamic-driver-earphone-red/reviews/18028

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #219 of 293

Thanks for the detail review. The biggest flaw to me in the original version was its treble. I found it less faithful to what it suppose to represent and also, it rolled too early and steeply. Although you did mention they have since corrected this, I didn't get the sense that the improvement was major. Otherwise, you would probably gave a higher rating on the audio quality. What are the flaws in your opinion that did not justify a higher rating?

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #220 of 293
Thanks for the detail review. The biggest flaw to me in the original version was its treble. I found it less faithful to what it suppose to represent and also, it rolled too early and steeply. Although you did mention they have since corrected this, I didn't get the sense that the improvement was major. Otherwise, you would probably gave a higher rating on the audio quality. What are the flaws in your opinion that did not justify a higher rating?

Ah, good question.

Well, I am hesitent to give it higher than a 4/5 for audio quality because for the price, it simply isn't a giant-killer. Does it perform better than the old EN700? Absolutely. Is it better than most of its peers in this price range? Mostly. However I find that it simply can't compete on the finer, more precise level that expensive multi-BA IEMs can compete at. I reserve higher audio-quality ratings for something that is truly excellent at the price-point. I don't recall ever giving a product above a 4.5 for audio-quality.

Feb 23, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #222 of 293
  Ah, good question.

Well, I am hesitent to give it higher than a 4/5 for audio quality because for the price, it simply isn't a giant-killer. Does it perform better than the old EN700? Absolutely. Is it better than most of its peers in this price range? Mostly. However I find that it simply can't compete on the finer, more precise level that expensive multi-BA IEMs can compete at. I reserve higher audio-quality ratings for something that is truly excellent at the price-point. I don't recall ever giving a product above a 4.5 for audio-quality.

I got the EN700 Bass edition as well and completely agree with your thoughts and review. It's a really nice progression from the original and answered really the only ask I had: more bass quantity. Glad I bought these. They don't kill all the rest of my IEMs, but they're fun and it's great to be back with my "old friend" after selling the originals :)

Is it just me, or does the cable feel cheaper though?

-Collin-

Feb 23, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #223 of 293

I got the EN700 Bass edition as well and completely agree with your thoughts and review. It's a really nice progression from the original and answered really the only ask I had: more bass quantity. Glad I bought these. They don't kill all the rest of my IEMs, but they're fun and it's great to be back with my "old friend" after selling the originals :)

Is it just me, or does the cable feel cheaper though?

-Collin-

It certainly is thinner. That could be what you are picking up on. I actually much preffer the new cable over the old one simply in terms of ergonomics though, so it's never bothered me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back