Silver Cryo Mini to Mini (WhiplashAudio.com) Review
Dec 13, 2008 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

paulybatz

Headphoneus Supremus

Pics to come but wanted to spread the word

I bought a quables silvercab pro LOD from sacd-man...which is great but wanted to expand my line out options in the future so when I got my D3 I bought one of ibasso's female LODs

Craig then made me a special mini to mini using his:
99.999% 22AWG solid core silver, dead soft temper, diamond die drawn, with Teflon insulation. Cryogenically treated through CryoParts.

Elite Pure Silver Cryo LOD - Default Store View

I was A/B ing the cable today with the silvercab pro LOD with my ipod and was blown away at the difference because I was not expecting one to be 100% honest.

Dave Matthews Band, Bartender, studio version and DMB Live, Dont drink the water

...I thought the silvercab pro was superb, this cable was 10 times better. When I say better...I mean much better, brighter, every instrument was distinct and crystal clear. I am very pleased with the quality of the sound from this little interconnect. The silvercab pro undeniably a good cable, however, I was surprised how much more I felt the music...I dont think anyone would be unhappy with anything made using this particular wire.

Craig you are the man, sacd-man to be exact!!!

Dec 17, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #3 of 15
The cable speaks for itself...I am looking for a new mobile source that has a mini line out so I can use this cable more...Keep it up!

Look forward to all of the new things you have coming in!!!

Dec 20, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #4 of 15
I want one, how much?

Dec 20, 2008 at 12:06 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want one, how much?

...Seriously? The link is in the middle of the OP's post.

Dec 20, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #6 of 15
I am checking out the following offering:

RCA_LOD_1.JPG

Dec 20, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #7 of 15
Dec 28, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #9 of 15
Apple started doing this thing where any accessory using the dock-connector (save usb/power cables i guess) require a chip to work with their latest products so that people have to buy their own accessories. But the links to the LODs above say "3g iphone / 2g avail on request"...

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk and Coffee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this one compatible to the iPod Touch 2G?

Anything from whiplashAudio, it's fine as long as it says it's for the iPhone 3G/iTouch 2G as the other LOD's are different than for the iTouch.

I'm not 1000% sure, but I have read somewhere people looking for a LOD as they purchased a LOD for an IPOD for their iTouch and it didn't work.
beyersmile.png

Jun 22, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulybatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pics to come but wanted to spread the word

I bought a quables silvercab pro LOD from sacd-man...which is great but wanted to expand my line out options in the future so when I got my D3 I bought one of ibasso's female LODs

Craig then made me a special mini to mini using his:
99.999% 22AWG solid core silver, dead soft temper, diamond die drawn, with Teflon insulation. Cryogenically treated through CryoParts.

Elite Pure Silver Cryo LOD - Default Store View

I was A/B ing the cable today with the silvercab pro LOD with my ipod and was blown away at the difference because I was not expecting one to be 100% honest.

Dave Matthews Band, Bartender, studio version and DMB Live, Dont drink the water

...I thought the silvercab pro was superb, this cable was 10 times better. When I say better...I mean much better, brighter, every instrument was distinct and crystal clear. I am very pleased with the quality of the sound from this little interconnect. The silvercab pro undeniably a good cable, however, I was surprised how much more I felt the music...I dont think anyone would be unhappy with anything made using this particular wire.

Craig you are the man, sacd-man to be exact!!!

Sorry to dig up an old thread but is this LOD compatible with the 3G Nano?

Feb 17, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #14 of 15
I dont see that mini to mini cryo silver cable on the site.
The link is broken now.
Which is it?

Feb 18, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #15 of 15
IMG_1399.jpg

here's my 2nd one on my mini^3. bought it from whiplash and cyro-parts with the roan connectors, my dad borrowed the first one that i made to use with his shuffle and i never saw it again.

$11 a foot SCSCag wire is a premium but if i use 6 inches of it it aint so bad....i ordered like many feet of this stuff so i could rig my b22 with it lol. i braided and used the nylon flex sleeves with my first one. i liked the simple look of this one though; it's clear and glows under the LED. braiding solid core wire is not that easy either probably shouldnt have done that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back