Silver Bullet, Pl-50, Rain, Shroom, or other?
Aug 26, 2010 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

xDKRx

New Head-Fier
Fischer Silver Bullet
Soundmagic PL-50
Hippo Shroom EB
Thinksound Rain

I mostly listen to various types of rock, with some different stuff here and there. I just need something for casual use, but I might occasionally wear them while I work out. From what I've gathered in about 30 minutes of browsing here, these look to be some of the better headphones in the price range. Which headphones would you guys recommend? Anything else that's not on the list is OK too.

By the way, $70 is probably my max.

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #5 of 16
if you can actually get a pair of Silver Bullets, you wont regret it.  As I recall its way nicer than those others that are listed.

however, due to their elusiveness, i will have to cage fight you to the death for the first set to come back into stock.  Choose your weapon.

*picks up Katana sword and stands patiently in the center of the cage 

Aug 26, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #6 of 16
Only heard the Rain, and it is a pretty strong dynamic earphone.  It has a small port just under the nozzle that must be blocked with a tiny toothpick tip (or something) to get a sense of seal -- otherwise, it seems like you are putting a tube in your ear (with an open end), rather than blocking up the ear canal, and you won't get any bass response.  Once blocked, you get very deep bass that doesn't run over the nice mids, and highs that have good extension and sparkle.  IMO, the cherry and silver model looks very pretty (see my avatar)!

Aug 26, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #8 of 16
I had a very similar dilemma just a couple of weeks ago. =P
I would say either go with the Shroom EB or Silver Bullet because I doubt the rest of the earphones will give enough bass for you.
Just like swbf2cheater said, it's actually quite hard to find the SB.
If looks are something you're really big on, go with the Rain. =)

Aug 26, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #10 of 16
Want to buy from Russia? Are these genuine? I'm not sure but it could be an option I guess. Although this may put them out of range of being a good deal, I don't know.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Fischer-Audio-Silver-Bullet-in-ear-headphones-earbuds-/110544001791

Aug 26, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #11 of 16
Well, I hvae the Hippo Shroom EB with 35~hours of burn in, I listen to mostly rock, you wont be disappointed.
They're better than PL-50 in detail, they're probably better than the Thinksound rain too.

Aug 26, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #13 of 16

Quote:
Fischer Silver Bullet
Soundmagic PL-50
Hippo Shroom EB
Thinksound Rain

<snip>
 Which headphones would you guys recommend? Anything else that's not on the list is OK too.

By the way, $70 is probably my max.

ECCI PR300, BrainwavzM2/Visang R03, but I prefer the Silver Bullet.

Aug 26, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #14 of 16
If the SBs are as legit as you guys say, I have no problem waiting 3 weeks for them. And the fact that they come from Russia makes them that much more awesome 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back