Silicon Bands for iPod/Amp?
Jul 11, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 12
try velcro strips from hardwares as well. or ask your friends some baller bands that are not used anymore.

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 12
Best solution I've used is 3M Dual Lock (low profile) - much better than velcro
http://www.andybaird.com/travels/gertie/superlock.htm

That link has an explanation of how it works.

If you're in the US I think you can get it from Amazon - maybe even your local hardware store.

Arrow with my iPod Touch G4.  The gap between the two is less than 5mm, and the dual-lock is pretty unobtrusive.  Also much stronger and cleaner than velcro.

Jul 14, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 12

If you're in the US I think you can get it from Amazon - maybe even your local hardware store.

I may have to try that 3M stuff. I do want try those silicon bracelets as well. Is it recommended to use child bracelets or do the adult fit better?

Jul 15, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #5 of 12
I use the wristbands of livestrong, they fit exactly and has a nice yellow color. It makes a beautiful package of mine PA2V2 , silver leopard lod and iPod classic. The yellow matches also with the gold strap of the viablue connector. They are cheap and usefull.

Jul 15, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
I may have to try that 3M stuff. I do want try those silicon bracelets as well. Is it recommended to use child bracelets or do the adult fit better?

Sorry mate - the only silicone bands I ever used were the Fiio ones that came with their amps.  That was the whole reason I changed to the dual-lock ..... the bands would get in the way of the touch screen.  If you're using a Classic etc - then it'd probably work nicely though.  And I think the size (adult or child) is going to very much depend on the size of the amp.  Probably need adult for something 'chunky' - but I know the Fiio bands were too big for my Touch + Arrow combo.

Jul 21, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #8 of 12
Bands are cheap. I do work in the promotional and printing industries. The ones companies buy and sell for iPod and Amp grouping with 1 color printing can be purchased in lots of a thousand for 25¢ - 35¢ each. Some thinner ones are even cheaper. Sure, all companies need to make a profit but if I sold them I couldn't imagine charging more than two bucks each, but that would just be a waste of time for such little money. I'd rather give them away free with a purchase of something else. I just saw this thread so I figured I'd post, but I have no idea what other companies are charging for them as I have no personal use for them.

Jul 21, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #9 of 12
Just search on alibaba.com for silicone wristbands. You'll find thousands.

Exactly. That is a great place to buy them from if you want cheap. I wouldn't endorse 90% of the stuff on Alibaba and always prefer American made when possible, but for wristbands you can't really go wrong with a lot of companies on there. Just make sure they are Gold Suppliers. But what you're not taking into account are two things: 1) most only deal in large quantity, and 2) the shipping charges and wire transfer fees will turn your 25¢ wristband into a $50 purchase.

Jul 24, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Arrow with my iPod Touch G4.  The gap between the two is less than 5mm, and the dual-lock is pretty unobtrusive.  Also much stronger and cleaner than velcro.

Plus one for Dual lock. It's great and won't get in the way of your player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back