Signs You've Been on Head-fi for way too long
Aug 26, 2006 at 1:06 PM Post #17 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
Wow. I'm still a new kid on the block.

I remember you when you were in your pram shaking a rattle Ken, boy how you've shot up, seems like it was only yesterday you were eating Farleys Rusks and sucking a giant teat
wink.gif

Aug 26, 2006 at 2:35 PM Post #18 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
Steve, PLEASE tell me you are very bored on some business trip and just made that up...

But if its true... YOU ARE DA MAN

I am honored Mr. Slacker; nope, I composed this while in her bathroom, and she doesn't even know about it. I decided to take a little time to decompress after the Japan trip, so I trying not to travel.

ooops she just walked in...gotta go...further signs that you have a head-fi addiction when you offer someone training on IEM insertion and she slaps you (really happened).

Aug 26, 2006 at 2:43 PM Post #19 of 62
My husband's a geek too so we talk about discussion threads all the time, but somehow I can here myself saying too much "This one time, at head-fi.." He listens patiently, but I can feel the inner eye roll.
redface.gif

You've been here too long when you remember when Jahn was a newb.
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #21 of 62
I can remember . . .

1. the great UE-10 v. Sensa debates, and how lindrone would never miss an opportunity to trash the former and exalt the latter.

2. when virtually no one had even heard of AKG K340s.

3. when the discussion about the '04 election would regularly go nuclear, and how (comparatively) pleasant things became when TIO was eliminated.

4. when Creek amps were all the rage.

Aug 26, 2006 at 5:23 PM Post #22 of 62
I remember when I joined IEM's were all the rage. Of course, it was only between the E2's, E3's, E5's, and ER-4's, but you'd also see threads pop up talking about the MX500's. I'll never forget the first time I heard my brand new Rio Karma with my Shure E2's.

Aug 26, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #23 of 62
Oh, yeah...when Karmas were all the rage...

Aug 26, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #24 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
I can remember . . .

1. the great UE-10 v. Sensa debates, and how lindrone would never miss an opportunity to trash the former and exalt the latter.

Well that was stretching the truth a bit in an effort to personally attack someone. What??
mad.gif

/Put your money where your mouth is and order both. Oh wait, you only have UE5's in your profile, so you can't really comment on the opinions of those who've heard both because you haven't heard both either. The reviews and impressions of those who have both the 10's and 2x's and are comparing those two specifically are a bit more valid don't you think? Lindrone wasn't the only one to get both, but he was one of the first. He complained of UE customer service. It's popular to complain of Sensa customer service. What makes one more valid than the other? Nothing. Both points of view are valid. So why have a go at someone because their opinion doesn't agree with your purchase? Uncalled for. Completely uncalled for. It was attitude like that that drove people who had good ears and excellent writing skills away from this forum, and that's never a good thing.

Speaking of trolls - I remember MERTON.

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #26 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Well that was stretching the truth a bit in an effort to personally attack someone. What??
mad.gif

It certainly wasn't my intent to malign lindrone, plainsong. Another case when the words we write fail to accurately convey our intended lighthearted tone.
frown.gif

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #27 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
wow steve that was a long dialogue..mine goes something like this

Me: posting and reading happily on head-fi while listening to erasure

suddenly head jerked back violently as headphones are ripped off my head

She:get the **** out of here. i have to check my mail you f'ing geek.

Me:slinks away vowing vengeance for destroyed cans...

Damn that is a brutal home life. You should just give her some ice cream to cool out!

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #28 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
It certainly wasn't my intent to malign lindrone, plainsong. Another case when the words we write fail to accurately convey our intended lighthearted tone.
frown.gif

I don't think your comment was out of line. Lindrone did like the Sensas better, and that was a big debate. He was very well written in his thoughts on each.

I remember Toaster talking about how his Sensas would last many years despite the fact that each major IEM company said customs should typically last 3-5 years. Sadly, we see some lasting 1-2 years now, and the customer being charged for "ear wax" and "moisture" induced repairs.

I remember all the great IEM debates...they were very informative.

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #29 of 62
Quote:

My husband's a geek too so we talk about discussion threads all the time, but somehow I can here myself saying too much "This one time, at head-fi.." He listens patiently, but I can feel the inner eye roll.
redface.gif

You've been here too long when you remember when Jahn was a newb.
biggrin.gif

Was? Pfft Jahn may have an awesome collection of gear, masses of experience, the highest post count, and a certain established greatness. But do you see him posting videos of how his shorts fall down because of his head-fi diet? No.

Noob. ;D

Aug 26, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #30 of 62
Quote:

Speaking of trolls - I remember MERTON.

Not forgetting that "ipodstudio" guy (Duncan was it?) who has more aliases here than the Scarlet Pimpernel... talk about "persistent"
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back