signature
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #17 of 39
I would like to signitures to at least be able to embed one pic. (or more wouldn't be bad, right? n__n )

May 12, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #18 of 39
The signature seems to ignore all font html code even when you go into source mode.  I put in font commands, and I then see the results when I go back to WYSIWYG, but upon save they are removed.

Any chance we could get font commands to stay in the signatures?  I like to have small signature text...

May 12, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #19 of 39
Unless they make the signature box like the old one (able to select different fonts and sizes, colors, etc.) without a character limit, your best bet is to just put a link in there to your profile, and type all your gear in there.  This would of course be really sad if it stays this way, but it seems likely to be your best option for the time being.

May 12, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #20 of 39
I also think it helps the readability of the forum to have small text and italics, because then the sigs can stand out from the posts

But I'm really digging a lot of the new features of the site like the new home page is fantastic, with "recent activity" and I love the way it highlights threads I have posted in. 

Thanks

May 13, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #22 of 39

Quote:

What is the limit on the size of signature ?  It's good to see signatures don't dominate over posts.

My sig is pushing the limits, I think chop happens at 250 char and it doesn't allow for many lines. I wish I could make my sig small too.

I don't truly believe my sig need take up as much space, but wish I could fit most of the info I want into it(a few rig configs and one or two other thoughts).

May 14, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #23 of 39
It's a little misleading that you can edit the source of the signature but it only works with some things such as <br />. Tried changing fonts and colors.

I think it really isn't a good thing that the font, font size and color are exactly the same on posts and on signatures.

May 14, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #24 of 39
Quote:
I also think it helps the readability of the forum to have small text and italics, because then the sigs can stand out from the posts

But I'm really digging a lot of the new features of the site like the new home page is fantastic, with "recent activity" and I love the way it highlights threads I have posted in. 

Thanks

I agree, the sigs need to be less visible than the main text. Maybe sigs in gray, something with a little less contrast :

May 14, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #25 of 39

Quote:

It's good to see signatures don't dominate over posts.

Yeah, some signatures were wayyyy too big. I think the site looks a lot cleaner now.

Quote:

I think it really isn't a good thing that the font, font size and color are exactly the same on posts and on signatures.

They aren't exactly the same. The signatures are in Ariel while the posts are in Tahoma or Verdana, I think.

May 15, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #26 of 39

Quote:
The signature seems to ignore all font html code even when you go into source mode.  I put in font commands, and I then see the results when I go back to WYSIWYG, but upon save they are removed.

Same here.

May 15, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #27 of 39
Speaking of signatures, there seems to be no way of disabling them selectively for posts. Actually that's what I used to do most of the time.

Oct 1, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #30 of 39
err guys. is teh signature thing disabled? i went to myprofile and scrolled to the bottom there is no siganture section
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back