Signal cable cables best value for the money
Jun 4, 2008 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Old School

Head-Fier
I just purchased Silver Resolution Reference Analog Interconnects from Signal cable, and compare to my much more expensive mit cables, it is a huge leap, better resolution, tight bass.

I thought, I would just share my find with a community

Jun 4, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 20
Yes, thats a great cable. Especially considering its price tag.
I had one earlier, which I really enjoyed
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 20
I've got the Analog II interconnects, Magic Power, Magic Power Digital Reference, and Magic Strip power cords, plus the Ultra speaker cables. All are fantastic.

I've gotten to know Frank well, he's a super guy. I recommend Signal Cable very highly.

If you check out the polk audio forums, where I also post actively, you'll find a lot of Signal admirers there, too.

Great stuff!

Jun 4, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #7 of 20
I have been burned before by such claims, with products from bettercables.com and such. It is not that they were bad, it is just the sound was equal to the cost pretty much.
So from now on, Frank is my guy

Jun 4, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #9 of 20
Another big fan; everything from power cables to IC's. Frank makes some great stuff.

Jun 5, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #10 of 20
So far I have 2 Signal Cables and I really like them. The construction is very impressive but maybe a bit stiff. Other than that, they are really very good cables and will match well with some of the higher end gear.

I also like the fact that they are made in New York and like the idea of supporting an industry in New York. And I also like how it says "Hand made in U.S.A." even if the parts are probably made outside the country.

Also, importantly, the service is good. One of my cables was defective and Frank instantly replaced it with a longer cable at my request at no extra charge. These cables are my choice, same with Blue Jeans too.

Also, I would also like to try Cobalt cable company too since they make nice cables at an affordable price. Personally, I like high quality cables without spending alot of money if it's possible.

Jun 5, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #12 of 20
Hmm... it looks like everyone really likes signal cable. Maybe I'll pick up a pair of interconnects. $99 for silver interconnects seems like a great deal.

Jun 5, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #13 of 20
I think the difference between the Silver Resolution and Blue Jeans LC-1 was what first suggested to me that different cables sound different from each other. I can't even call one better or one worse, they just do very different things for different systems. Shameless plug: I have a pair for sale here.

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #14 of 20
Due to reading this thread I decided to buy some of the Silver Reference analog interconnects. Man, I could not be happier. They have been a huge step up from my Kimber PBJ's, and I just like the sound better than my BJC LC-1's. Now, I like the LC-1's quite a bit, but I have found that I prefer the detail of the Silver Reference's better. These are really great cables, and after looking at the pricing for other silver cables they are a steal.

I have ordered another set to hook up to my Woo, and I have also orderd a Silver Reference Coag to hook up to my HR Home Dac. I have no doubt that I will continue to be impressed.

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #15 of 20
the silver resolutions are pretty good cables and very good - if not great - for their price. however, i preferred my nordost and audioquest cables over them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back