Signal cable cables best value for the money
Jun 27, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #16 of 20
Nice move wharfrat1.
Great to see that you really enjoy the cable, and have already ordered more... Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #17 of 20
That's weird that this thread resurfaced...I was poking around Audiogon, saw their listing, and was intrigued. Searched the FS forum here, and saw that Asr had sold some. PM'd him about them, read around a bit, and decided to go for it. Emailed Frank with some questions and took the plunge tonight, ordering a pair for my DAC > amp. Went whole hog on them...Silver Refs with Eichmann Silver Bullets. Considering the innovative nature of the bullets, and the fact that at $139 for 2' you're paying literally a tad more over retail for the plugs alone for a finished silver IC, I couldn't resist. They should arrive on 7/1. People have compared them to Nordost, Kimber KCAG, etc...at a fraction of the price. They should be leaps and bounds better than my smeary, messy Monsters, that's for sure. I'll report back on them later, to be sure. That just leaves me with a recable for the Senns and the Monarchy DIP I'm dying to try, and I'll consider my rig complete.

I totalled it up, and not counting my "wish list" products, I came in a hair under $2K. Not too bad, and (nearly) right on budget. Of course, I originally planned on "I just want some new headphones, I don't need all that other crap"...curse you head-fi, and damn all you to hell!!!

Totally kidding...
wink.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 7:15 AM Post #19 of 20
You know... I was totally digging the whole signal cable vibe until I went into their other products listings and saw the cable risers. That is a pretty big turn off for me.

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A. That just leaves me with a recable for the Senns and the Monarchy DIP I'm dying to try, and I'll consider my rig complete.

B. I totalled it up, and not counting my "wish list" products, I came in a hair under $2K. Not too bad, and (nearly) right on budget. Of course, I originally planned on "I just want some new headphones, I don't need all that other crap"...curse you head-fi, and damn all you to hell!!!

Totally kidding...
wink.gif

Regarding B. Welcome to Head-fi and sorry about your wallet! I'm sure you heard that about 546 posts ago. Consider yourself among the initiated.
evil_smiley.gif
icon10.gif

Regarding A. Good luck. I hope your resolution is better than mine!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back