Sigh, had some stuff stolen. How about you?
Apr 28, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #46 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
courierdriver, s**t man, well atleast you can look bad and say you have had some....interesting experiences during your life.
biggrin.gif

And ofcourse, sorry about your loses.
rolleyes.gif

If I didn't spend so much time on HeadFi, I'd have the time to write my memoires. LOL!
tongue.gif

Apr 29, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #47 of 53
Speaking of past incidents, the one incident that affected me the most and I will never get over is when my stamp collection was stolen back when I was in high school. I had a three book stamp collection with some terrific stamps, and I took it to school for some trading, left it in my bag during lunch break, came back and found it missing, till date I have no clue who stole it.

When you lose things u can buy, its a different story, a costly headphone, or a stereo, or a broken window, yes it is a financial blow, but you can get over it, but lose something u have personally worked hard to achieve, and it goes poof,it hurts real bad.

Apr 29, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #48 of 53
I despise thieves. The guy in my Avatar watches over my stuff while I'm running my errands and snoozing.

Apr 29, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #49 of 53
Sorry for your loss. It's such a violating feeling for crap like that to happen.

I got stiffed for 2 checks this week totaling $255. Long story in Florida, can only collect if you have all the writer of the checks info. Otherwise no way to go. Bad guy gets away w/ it. I learn that lesson the hard way. There one on the books for the bad guys.

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #50 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and you told them to **** themselves?

Yup. I forced the insurance company to replace my Shures. There's no way I'm getting Bose IEMs.

Apr 30, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #51 of 53
I've had my car broken into several times. I leave nothing of value to steal, so the thief only got away with the change in the coin tray. The worst one was when they broke my rear window. That cost $800 to replace.

Apr 30, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #52 of 53
Only time I've ever had anything stolen was about 6 years back when we moved into our new house up here in Fairbanks having come from India. The family that sold us the house left behind a lot of odds and ends that they didn't want. Among them was an inflatable 2-person zodiac with paddles and life-jackets. I thought this was kinda cool and since we had a creek in our backyard that feeds into a larger river, I decided that we were gonna keep it. My mother, on the other hand hated the thing and wanted to get rid of it. We finally convinced her that it was staying, but she put her foot down about keeping it in the house, so we dragged it under our porch in our backyard and decided to keep it there until we had a chance to tie it off by the creek. About two weeks later, we go to retrieve it and found it missing. Oddly enough, they stole the zodiac and paddles, and left behind the life-jackets.

Apr 30, 2008 at 10:49 AM Post #53 of 53
I walked outside one day, and as I reached for my door handle, did a double take. Window is... gone? Luckily, USAA is an amazing insurance company. I got a new window 100% free within 2 days (although it isn't tinted, grumble grumble). Unfortunately, I discovered the deductible for stolen stereos is covered under your Comprehensive section. You'd think it'd be obvious, but I had it in my head they were separate. Lesson learned - $1000 deductibles are only good if nothing ever happens to you. My stereo was expensive when new (about $500), but it was pretty old by then.It was a Pioneer Premiere something or other. Had a fold-down face with a second LCD. Little did the idiot thieves know that the LCD had actually died about two months ago. Still played music, just wouldn't show all the pretty things. Still pissed me off. $120 later, and I had a cheapie installed by Circuit City, who even did an admirable job re-mounting my VAFC II computer, since the thieves also took it's mounting bracket. (yeah, that makes sense, let's take this piece of plastic, but leave the $300 gadget)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back