Side By Side Comparison - AirPods Max, B&O H95, Dali iO-6, B&W PX8, ML 5909, M&D MW75, Focal Bathys and more
Dec 8, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #136 of 464
Yes. Them alongside the AirPods Max. Even though I don't have it in my comparison, the Bose QC45 is very good as well. We're talking strictly noise cancelling.
Thanks. I've concluded I'm willing to sacrifice SQ for comfort / features on the commute and while travelling.

Dec 8, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #137 of 464
The original B&W PX7, Sony 1000XM5, NAD Viso HP70 (Not the most comfortable for some and very hard to find now), PSB M4U MKII. Those are the few off the top of my head. All of which I've used to game and some point in time.
How are the PSB from a sound quality perspective? Always been interested in their speakers

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #138 of 464
How are the PSB from a sound quality perspective? Always been interested in their speakers
I actually thought about putting the PSB M4U MKII in this comparison as I own them. I decided against it for the simple fact that they’re not “popular”. They’re actually really cool headphones because they create a custom sound profile based on your hearing. As far as the sound goes, I'd put it right behind the M&D MW75 and tied with the PX7 S2 and Momentum 4. When it comes to an overall rating, I'd probably put it next to last right in front of the Dali iO-6. It too is a barebones wireless anc headphone. It's only above the Dali iO-6 because it at least has the app for the creating your own custom sound profile.

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:48 PM Post #139 of 464
I actually thought about putting the PSB M4U MKII in this comparison as I own them. I decided against it for the simple fact that they’re not “popular”. They’re actually really cool headphones because they create a custom sound profile based on your hearing. As far as the sound goes, I'd put it right behind the M&D MW75 and tied with the PX7 S2 and Momentum 4. When it comes to an overall rating, I'd probably put it next to last right in front of the Dali iO-6. It too is a barebones wireless anc headphone. It's only above the Dali iO-6 because it at least has the app for the creating your own custom sound profile.

Thanks for that! I just got my px7 s2. Definitely happy with those but I have always been curious about the PSB. Still would consider picking them up in the future

Dec 9, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #140 of 464
The original B&W PX7, Sony 1000XM5, NAD Viso HP70 (Not the most comfortable for some and very hard to find now), PSB M4U MKII. Those are the few off the top of my head. All of which I've used to game and some point in time.
the xm5 huh? I really liked xm4 on terms of comfort and anc, so 2 conditions are fulfilled with them

however I find those Dali really interesting to me, could u compare them with xm5?

yesterday night I made a quick research about b&o hx and found that apparently can be used with v-moda and wired with anc too.

thanks mate

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #141 of 464
the xm5 huh? I really liked xm4 on terms of comfort and anc, so 2 conditions are fulfilled with them

however I find those Dali really interesting to me, could u compare them with xm5?

yesterday night I made a quick research about b&o hx and found that apparently can be used with v-moda and wired with anc too.

thanks mate
The XM5 is the overall better performer. It wins in pretty much every category except for sound quality unless you prefer more bass and a thicker, warmer sound. Sound bias aside, the XM5 is a very impressive headphone as far as functionality is concerned. If you're not going to be commuting with the headphones, the Dali is definitely a much better performer when it comes to audio quality. If you're not bothered by round earcups, it's also close in comfort to the XM5. Just remember, the Dali is very dependent on getting a good seal. If you have thick glasses, you may have to listen to it with ANC always on in order to correct the broken seal, or, remove your glasses/put them over the earcups.

Dec 9, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #142 of 464
The XM5 is the overall better performer. It wins in pretty much every category except for sound quality unless you prefer more bass and a thicker, warmer sound. Sound bias aside, the XM5 is a very impressive headphone as far as functionality is concerned. If you're not going to be commuting with the headphones, the Dali is definitely a much better performer when it comes to audio quality. If you're not bothered by round earcups, it's also close in comfort to the XM5. Just remember, the Dali is very dependent on getting a good seal. If you have thick glasses, you may have to listen to it with ANC always on in order to correct the broken seal, or, remove your glasses/put them over the earcups.
thanks so so much for your help, I really appreciate your time

actually I have it much more clear, my final 3 contenders are xm5, dali and b&o hx

did u have the opportunity to try the HX?

edit: I forgot to mention shure aonic a50 as they can be used with boom pro mic, has aptx codecs, has anc and nice reviews as I've seen from customers, what do u think about it?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #143 of 464
thanks so so much for your help, I really appreciate your time

actually I have it much more clear, my final 3 contenders are xm5, dali and b&o hx

did u have the opportunity to try the HX?

edit: I forgot to mention shure aonic a50 as they can be used with boom pro mic, has aptx codecs, has anc and nice reviews as I've seen from customers, what do u think about it?
Didn't have enough bass for me when I owned it. It was a decent overall headphone though. More features than the Dalis. More analytical sound than the XM5. Haven't tried the HX, but I have tried the H95, and if that's any indication, I loved that headphone.

Dec 9, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #144 of 464
Didn't have enough bass for me when I owned it. It was a decent overall headphone though. More features than the Dalis. More analytical sound than the XM5. Haven't tried the HX, but I have tried the H95, and if that's any indication, I loved that headphone.
hmmmm okay, so I have to discard them for that reason, I like some bass on the headphones and as u I'm not a eq guy, don't have patience to do that xD

as I've been reading from verified customers, they don't differ too much from the H95... specially according to a guy who posted this:

"I was always curious as to why the B&O 95 were £750.... £300 more than the HX (at full price) and when looking at the specs didn't seem to have £300 worth of differences.

Both use the same drivers.
Both made from the same materials.
Both using the same Bluetooth codecs.

When comparing the 2 as I have done I can't recommend these as for the price the differences just don't add up.

Better battery (just)
Better ANC (just)
Build and sound (same)
Honestly if you are considering these headphones give the cheaper HX a shot."

thanks as always mate

Dec 10, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #145 of 464
hmmmm okay, so I have to discard them for that reason, I like some bass on the headphones and as u I'm not a eq guy, don't have patience to do that xD

as I've been reading from verified customers, they don't differ too much from the H95... specially according to a guy who posted this:

"I was always curious as to why the B&O 95 were £750.... £300 more than the HX (at full price) and when looking at the specs didn't seem to have £300 worth of differences.

Both use the same drivers.
Both made from the same materials.
Both using the same Bluetooth codecs.

When comparing the 2 as I have done I can't recommend these as for the price the differences just don't add up.

Better battery (just)
Better ANC (just)
Build and sound (same)
Honestly if you are considering these headphones give the cheaper HX a shot."

thanks as always mate
Having had both the HX and H95 they are poles apart. I’d argue the HX is even a step down from the H9 3rd edition with which it has more in common than the H95.

The H95 drivers are unique and made from titanium. The HX/Portal shares a similar driver from the old H9 series.

The build, materials and sound on the H95 is a clear step up from the HX and IMO worth the premium.

The bass on the H95 is sublime with deep sub bass extension that you can feel which I’ve not heard even in the PX8 or Bathys. The AirPods Max gets pretty close. The bass on the HX was extremely disappointing considering its lineage from the H9.

Here’s a full comparison of their specs:
https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/us/compare/headphones

Dec 10, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #146 of 464
Having had both the HX and H95 they are poles apart. I’d argue the HX is even a step down from the H9 3rd edition with which it has more in common than the H95.

The H95 drivers are unique and made from titanium. The HX/Portal shares a similar driver from the old H9 series.

The build, materials and sound on the H95 is a clear step up from the HX and IMO worth the premium.

The bass on the H95 is sublime with deep sub bass extension that you can feel which I’ve not heard even in the PX8 or Bathys. The AirPods Max gets pretty close. The bass on the HX was extremely disappointing considering its lineage from the H9.

I really appreciate your contribution man!!

as I told some posts ago I really loved the b&o h7 when I had them, so u made me think even more now xD

could u explain me a bit in which sense/aspects the HX is worse than the H9 3rd ed? I guess you tried both right?

which is your main usage? you tried H95/HX/H9 for gaming?

thanks!!

Dec 13, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #147 of 464
Coming soon to a comparison near you! 😁

6D27D909-F0B4-4AB1-8A93-F8DED9A4C4BF.jpeg

Dec 14, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #149 of 464

maaaaaaaaaan, I bought the h95 with a great discount on fnac: 575€

as u told the bass is really good, the materials are top and the anc seemed to me as good as xm4 or even better

however comfort not quite as good as xm4

today I will pick up the sony xm5 and will compare both face to face, as I've read opposite opinions about comfort on them. some say they are worse than previous version and others just the opposite

by the way the price of xm5 300€ vs h95 575€

til now and talking strictly about sound quality on h95 connected with bluetooth to my computer and phone didn't amaze me too much... and that worries me because if I pay such amount of money I must expect a big big step in terms of sound compared with the xm4 and it is not as I expected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back