sick with the headphoneless disease...
Apr 8, 2004 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

sleepkyng

Headphoneus Supremus
NO CANS! BLARRR!

yes i have my shure e2s but no can cans!

i don't want to wear my e2's sittin in front of my desk, typin this crazy essay out!

oh god! my HD600's wont be here fora nother' week!

i like my speakers and all but...who am i kidding?

ugh! blah!

oh pabst, you'll hafta do *cuts empty pabst in half, places halves on ears, weeps silently*

but seriously, what's the longest (since indulging in headfiness) you've been w/o a decent set of cans?

Apr 8, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 14
LOL, you are going crazy there.

Only 5 days to go, hang in there.
biggrin.gif

I overpacked that sucker, so it damn well better be untouched by UPS. They can drop kick it all they want, as long as they don't run it over with a truck.

-Ed

Apr 8, 2004 at 3:13 AM Post #6 of 14
Don't you have HD580s already? Why a 600?

Apr 8, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #7 of 14
Longest? i've had a pair of HD600 for about 3 years, i think i used them twice in the first week, and once last week. So that is a 3 year break almost.

I do have HD580 for filler thou, but i don't used them either really. tend to leave my Headphone amps at home, so i say about 9 months. Don't get craving to listen to Cans now, i do miss my speakers thou.

Apr 8, 2004 at 4:57 AM Post #8 of 14
About a month. My PCDP, HD 280s, and my backups of my CDs (and two originals) were AWOL with a friend. I forgot 'em there, and since he was moving at the same time, it took awhile for him to find them again and ship them. Not a happy time, let me tell you.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Apr 8, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #9 of 14
I had to go a few weeks without any cans but these crappy Sony's, so when my Karma and E2's arrived I was in bliss!

...Until I realized I wanted the E3's
mad.gif

I guess you guys warned me though..."Welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet!"

Apr 8, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #10 of 14
So Sleepkyng decided to jump the gun and join the Team HD600. I remember seeing your post on HD580 not too long ago. Hang in there... just few more days 'till HD600
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2004 at 6:04 AM Post #12 of 14
Don't feel bad. Five days is nothing in this game. Some have waited more than three months for their gear. I'm going on month three awaiting the Weebl, and it is likely to take another two. Be thankful for the tunes you have, and if that doesn't work make yourself appreciate those Shures by buying some $2 Coby cans for a minute or so of torture until you are thankful.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Apr 8, 2004 at 7:10 AM Post #13 of 14
go_vtec-
yah man, i demo'd a pair of 600's and was sold, i really can tell the difference, and even if it was psychological, whatev!

i'm doin alright, gettin the shakes, hallucinating, the usual...

it's 3 am, and i can't sleep/need to finish this essay

i don't have music i don't have music i don't have music...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Apr 8, 2004 at 2:17 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

i demo'd a pair of 600's and was sold, i really can tell the difference, and even if it was psychological, whatev!

I don' t think it's just psychological, but the improvements were noticable, even for me. Probably that is why the carbon-blue bug forced me to upgraded my ol' HD580 to HD600 too
wink.gif

Enjoy your cans when you get 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back