Shure SRH940 and Beats Pro Potential Driver Swap
Jun 9, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #34 of 46
I just need a cord that'll fit (and preferably lock) in the jack, but other than that it went well. Though a chip of my exacto that I was using to remove the glue got stuck on the diaphragm side of the driver. I got it off with plastic tweezers.

Jun 9, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #35 of 46
I hate it when that happens. The magnet in the driver always attracts something, like screws and stuff. I almost punctured the diaphragm with a screwdriver once.

Does it still need to be a Y cable?

Jun 10, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #36 of 46
hurry up
redface.gif
can't wait to see it

Jun 10, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #37 of 46
If the operation is successful, then it should look like an unmodified Beats Pro! 

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #41 of 46
I hate it when that happens. The magnet in the driver always attracts something, like screws and stuff. I almost punctured the diaphragm with a screwdriver once.

Does it still need to be a Y cable?

The Beats drivers have six points of contact whereas the Shure drivers have two. Daisy chaining wouldn't work even if I could get the screws out, sadly

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #42 of 46
Did you pay attention to the wiring of the Beats drivers? They actually have two points per each of the three contacts; two for the driver's positive terminal, two for the negative and two points just act as a bridge from the headphone jack to the other channel's positive terminal.

This is only if you've repaired the came going through the headband already.

Aug 31, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #44 of 46

Users who are viewing this thread

Back