Shure SRH750DJ + Fiio E7 - What's The Problem Here?
Feb 9, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #18 of 24

Quote:
Quote:
Also found a proper installation procedure at the bottom of the download page. How to install a component?

Ok thanks, so reclock is only for when I watch movies so it won't improve my music playback while using foobar?

Reclock forces WASAPI as the output for players that don't have WASAPI plugins such as WMP, Potplayer, etc. Foobar already has a plugin for it, therefore there is no need to use reclock unless you experience some problems with the plugins.

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #19 of 24

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Also found a proper installation procedure at the bottom of the download page. How to install a component?

Ok thanks, so reclock is only for when I watch movies so it won't improve my music playback while using foobar?

Reclock forces WASAPI as the output for players that don't have WASAPI plugins such as WMP, Potplayer, etc. Foobar already has a plugin for it, therefore there is no need to use reclock unless you experience some problems with the plugins.

Does that include itunes?  Ok so far, this hasn't helped, only thing that really helped was the eq setting but that causes some of my files to sound distorted, sigh, guess I'm back to square one :frowning2:  Thanks for the help though, but I think this means its either the E7 or the headphones thats the issue.

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #20 of 24
I just want to say anything at extreme volume levels is not exactly normal. Maybe what you are looking for can't be achieved without upgrading your headphone, or without damaging your ear. Many people try to do the opposite --- reduce the vibration by applying some sound dampener mat such as dynamat onto their cars or headphones, which tightens the bass as well as reduces excessive boom.

I think what you need is a subwoofer.

On another note, why did you try above normal listening levels in the first place?

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #21 of 24

Quote:
I just want to say anything at extreme volume levels is not exactly normal. Maybe what you are looking for can't be achieved without upgrading your headphone, or without damaging your ear. Many people try to do the opposite --- reduce the vibration by applying some sound dampener mat such as dynamat onto their cars or headphones.

Ahh, but that feeling is what makes it sound so fun.  I got that feeling when I was listening to Bose AEs at futureshop at moderate levels, wasn't too loud at all and while these headphones can do it to an extent, it only does it at higher volumes which I don't want, I want the same feeling but at a lower listening volume.  Which is why I think its either my headphone or the amp that needs an upgrade.  I'm assuming its the amp because take the Beats Studio for instance, at bestbuy they sound normal, but at apple, whatever they hook it up to causes it to vibrate on your head, so I believe maybe a stronger amp is needed.  But since My cans are only 32ohms like yours, I'm worried maybe it already has enough power.  I guess what I really want to know is how to get that vibration/airy feeling that I get at volume 45 or higher to happen at a lower volume, do I need a different pair of headphones or do I need to get a better amp to pair with the DAC of the E7.  Somewhere (maybe the thread I actually started) I heard someone who is using the E7 with Denon ADH 2000 were able to get it to vibrate alot, so maybe the headphones are the issue.  Either way it looks like I need to make an upgrade somewhere.'

Thanks, can anybody else possibly provide some advice please?

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #22 of 24

Quote:
I just want to say anything at extreme volume levels is not exactly normal. Maybe what you are looking for can't be achieved without upgrading your headphone, or without damaging your ear. Many people try to do the opposite --- reduce the vibration by applying some sound dampener mat such as dynamat onto their cars or headphones, which tightens the bass as well as reduces excessive boom.

I think what you need is a subwoofer.

On another note, why did you try above normal listening levels in the first place?

Loll, a subwoofer will be overdoing, I know what I want is possible, just need to know what part of my set-up needs to be changed.

In terms of the listening level thing, there was a post somewhere where a guy stated that you need to have the volume at 54 or above for the amp part of the E7 to kick in (not sure why he said it but he did) and so when I tried increasing the volume past 45, the higher I went the more I got what I was looking for, and honestly it wasn't like ear damaging, but obviously can't listen to that level for a long time without doing damage.

Feb 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #23 of 24
I know it may sound silly, but have you tried reducing the software volume and increasing the E7's volume to over 50 to see if that's different. It shouldn't change anything, but who knows.

Feb 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #24 of 24

Quote:
I know it may sound silly, but have you tried reducing the software volume and increasing the E7's volume to over 50 to see if that's different. It shouldn't change anything, but who knows.

Ya, I thought that may help as well so I put the E7 volume up to 50 or 55 and started my itunes on 1/2 and slowly went up, only get the effect with high volumes.  Some other member said what I want can't be achieved with these headphones unless I listen to them loudly, so I guess thats the issue and not the amp here.

Thanks for your help so far :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back