Shure SRH440 vs Grado SR60i
Mar 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Knockout

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I am looking for a new pair of headphones and I've shortlisted my options to the two headphones. The open air Grado SR60i and the Closed Shure SRH440. Both have pretty good reviews and costs nearly the same.  The feature I am looking for are a decent lows and good mids and highs.

Help me choose the best of the two.

Thanks!!
Knockout
L3000.gif

Mar 19, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #3 of 7
If you want good mids and highs, along with a nice level of detail on music. The shure, they are more analytical. 

Mar 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #5 of 7
I would go with the shures as well.  I also think they are better for jazz. No real preference for rock or blues.   One thing to consider.  What are your listening environments.  the shures are closed and the grado are open. 

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #6 of 7
I liked the Grados as entry model headphones, but now I find their sound signature to be too fatiguing and the design to be too uncomfortable. If you want something really forward, though, they might be for you.

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
I liked the Grados as entry model headphones, but now I find their sound signature to be too fatiguing and the design to be too uncomfortable. If you want something really forward, though, they might be for you.

Do the shure 440's have less treble response? That's what I"m looking for. What's your assessment of the 440's overall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back