SHURE SRH440 UPGRADE NEEDED
Apr 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

douce

New Head-Fier
[size=medium]I’ve been the owner of a pair of Shure SRH440’s that I’ve replaces the ear surrounds with the SRH840’s. even after a long break in period as well as the upgraded foam I find these not only uncomfortable after 45min of listening but also fatiguing to listen to after just as long. I’ve tried adjust the EQ to make them a little more subtle in the 500 – 1000hrz range where I think most of the problem is but I’m just not completely satisfied. I’m a musician and an avid listener so these have to replace some of the magic I can no longer get from playing my hifi at reference levels (apartment living). [/size]

[size=medium]Right now I’m putting a budget of $300 +/-  Canadian for the upgrade, the first option I was thinking was the Senn hd598’s. My musical tastes are very eclectic, however I don’t listen to very much Rap or Country but Jazz to blues, Billy Joel to Nine Inch Nails.[/size]

[size=medium]Please comment with your opinions and ideas!![/size]

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #2 of 3
[size=medium]I’ve narrowed my choices to three sets, the Sennheiser hd 598, AKG q701, ATH AD900. Does anyone have experience with these? I’m buying online and don’t really have an option to demo before buying.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back