SHURE SRH440 or SHURE SRH550DJ (I'm a total noob)
Jul 29, 2012 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

matam012

New Head-Fier
Recently i've tested ShureSRH440 in a shop and i found it awesome, compared to what i have been using all this while(Creative Sound Blaster Sigma). But then I found out tht SRH550 is the same price as SRH440, and i'm interested to know which one is better. Both are the same price: 
http://jaben.com.my/shopping2/Shure-SRH440-Headphone/
http://jaben.com.my/shopping2/Shure-SRH550-Professional-DJ-headphone/

Sry for my bad english and this is my first forum experience...and i'm from Malaysia, so I hope tht someone will be able to help me....                                                                                                                                                 

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 12
i have had my shure 440s for 4 years now and they were my first pair of good headphones i have only good thing to say about them the only thing i can say bad about it is that they arent super comfetable with stock ear pads if you can get a pair of shure 840 pads and they become very comfetable also incress the bass a bit

so i can happily reccomend the shure 440s as i am still using them today

the dj i have heard are very fredgile and brake esily also they are really uncofertable havent heard it so no comment on the sound

btw what generas are you going to lisen with em

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 12
i belive the hd440 will sound better and more detailed, i like the headphone quite a lot when i tested it, the srh550 dj doesnt focus on sound quality that much as they are dj headphones and are not as detailed, my buddy who has a 940 doesnt like the 550 but reccomends the 440 quite strongly

do not take my words as facts but with a grain of salt as it it only opinion

Jul 29, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:
i belive the hd440 will sound better and more detailed, i like the headphone quite a lot when i tested it, the srh550 dj doesnt focus on sound quality that much as they are dj headphones and are not as detailed, my buddy who has a 940 doesnt like the 550 but reccomends the 440 quite strongly

do not take my words as facts but with a grain of salt as it it only opinion

I don't think HD440 will be an option for me, i've not seen the price....but my guess is tht it's more expensive thn SRH440

Quote:
 the dj i have heard are very fredgile and brake esily also they are really uncofertable havent heard it so no comment on the sound

Thx, tht cleared the suspicion....

Quote:
btw what generas are you going to lisen with em

I mostly listen to classic rock, metal and techno....sometimes pop

Jul 29, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
I don't think HD440 will be an option for me, i've not seen the price....but my guess is tht it's more expensive thn SRH440

Thx, tht cleared the suspicion....

I mostly listen to classic rock, metal and techno....sometimes pop

i am sure the hd440 is a good option too but dont take it from me look around for some reviews

yup the shures will do you fine with the geners you choose they are a great allrounder a bit subass light but very balanced overall with a nice sparkle at the treble

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #7 of 12
they're both exactly the same price at rm368.00

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #8 of 12
Where did you find it?
I can't seem to find any in LowYat....because if possible, I would like to test it first before I decide on the Shure 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #9 of 12
you can test it at jaben at SS15, Subang Jaya,Selangor, or one more at Penang 

https://maps.google.com.my/maps?q=Jaben+Malaysia+Jalan+SS+15%2F8a+Ss+15+Subang+Jaya+Selangor&hl=en&sll=3.232214,101.380968&sspn=1.669948,2.469177&oq=jaben&hq=Jaben+Malaysia+Jalan+SS+15%2F8a&hnear=Ss+15,+Subang+Jaya,+Selangor&t=m&z=16

add on: it is a second story shoplot, so be sure to look out for the red sign board with a bear with headphones

Jul 12, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #11 of 12
I own the srh440 and personally, i feel they do good in almost all genres. Everything from rock, to pop, to jazz, to country, hip hop, R&B, post disco, and everything in between (like pop rock, alternative rock, country pop, etc.) I don't know about the 550djs, but soundwise, the srh440s are your best bet. though they do have a problem with comfort. you might want to get the shure srh840 replacement pads and maybe a third party replacement headband.

Aug 5, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #12 of 12
I recently tried out the Shure SRH550DJ's at a local Guitar Center.
Only two words to say about them - GET THEM.
Seriously, they're amazing on balance, looks, build quality, and comfort.
Sound is probably the best for $100.
Very clear as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back