Shure SRH1540 Review
Mar 15, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #1,681 of 2,678
endgame, look, i just want to get some closed headphones, isolation ( leaked sound ) is very important for me, and of course the sound quality ( wider soundstage, some bas, but not too much )
I already spent a lot of time reading a lot of reviews, threads, headphone models, specs, comparisons, opinions, etc.
As I said, I don't have any  audio HI-FI  shop in the town where i'm living, the only headphones i could hear, are B&W P9 Signature, but they aren't great at isolation.
What would you recommend for about 750-800 euro ?
I do listen only at my PC, i have 2 sound cards : ASUS STX ll for music and Creative Sound Blaster for gaming, but i could replace anytime the ASUS STX ll with some better AMP / DAC

I feel you man. This hobby can be rough sometimes. I simply want you to know what you're getting with the 2 headphones that you've narrowed it down to. I just happen to have owned both of them. The T5P isolates better than the 1540 but it sounds so different. The treble on it is a dividing point. If you can take the hot treble, you'll like it. But if you can't, you're going to hate it. I can't tell you if you can take it or not, because only you and your ears will know. I just don't want you to make a purchase and immediately regret it. Plus it's an expensive headphone.

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #1,685 of 2,678
I will post when I get them, i hope i like them.
The sound stage and leaked sound is more important to me, but of course, the whole sound quality as well
They are not as good as PM 3, regarding isolation, but I hope they do a better job as HD600 in terms of isolation, leaking sound

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #1,686 of 2,678
I will post when I get them, i hope i like them.
The sound stage and leaked sound is more important to me, but of course, the whole sound quality as well
They are not as good as PM 3, regarding isolation, but I hope they do a better job as HD600 in terms of isolation, leaking sound

Well the HD600 is open back so they'll definitely isolate better than that. Haha. And the 600 is known for having a small soundstage so even though they're open, the 1540 will have a larger soundstage. If those are your main concerns, you have nothing to worry about.

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #1,690 of 2,678
Just demoed the SRH1540. I loved them. They are darker than my Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs, which really works well for lengthy listening sessions. Alice in Chains' Man in the Box sounded great. I love the forward highs on the Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs, but it can get a little fatiguing with hi-hat and cymbal-heavy music. The SRH1540s are much smoother in this regard.

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #1,691 of 2,678
Just demoed the SRH1540. I loved them. They are darker than my Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs, which really works well for lengthy listening sessions. Alice in Chains' Man in the Box sounded great. I love the forward highs on the Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs, but it can get a little fatiguing with hi-hat and cymbal-heavy music. The SRH1540s are much smoother in this regard.

You need to listen to a few Metallica tracks with them. You know how Lars has a heavy double bass, well it really sounds good on those. If you get the chance, demo One, Bleeding Me, and Outlaw Torn. You won't be disappointed. Also Led Zeppelin's Moby Dick is a real treat.

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #1,692 of 2,678
You need to listen to a few Metallica tracks with them. You know how Lars has a heavy double bass, well it really sounds good on those. If you get the chance, demo One, Bleeding Me, and Outlaw Torn. You won't be disappointed. Also Led Zeppelin's Moby Dick is a real treat.

This is all music I own. I have every Zeppelin and Metallica song ever created in Apple lossless on the Questyle QP1R. I think I will order the SRH 1540s tonight.

Mar 16, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #1,694 of 2,678
Awesome! Post your impressions after you get them and let us all know what you think!

I love this forum. I will be reporting back.

Mar 16, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #1,695 of 2,678
I must say the Shure SRH 1540s are probably the most comfortable headphones that I've ever put on. They are really solidly built.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back