Shure SRH144 & SRH145
Oct 27, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #16 of 21
Just got both the 144 and 145m+ today and my initial impression is i'm a little disappointed, i mean they sound ok but so far havent done anything to set themselves apart from all the other similarly priced cans i've heard. As advertised the 145m+ has a stronger bass emphasis while the 144 has a stronger treble emphasis and is probably the more balanced sounding of the two. That being said, the 144 treble still sounds rolled off somewhat so you dont get much of a sparkly top end unfortunately. Overall i wouldn't say its a huge night and day difference between the two models, its more like theres been slight eq tweak imo. The 144s are more comfortable out of the box due to the pads being a bit thinner and softer which exerts less pressure on my head. The 145 pads are thicker and firmer which i guess helps the bass and even tho this is a closed back design the pads really dont offer much isolation.
Hopefully with some burn in the sound improves somewhat.

Nov 2, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #17 of 21
After listening to each one for quite a while i find myself prefering the SRH144 due to its better overall balance. I like my bass but the SRH145 is tilted too far to the low end with not enough top end. I ended up giving the SRH145 to my 9 year old nephew, i figure it should be a good test to see how durable it is :D

Dec 26, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #18 of 21
how does this new budget offering from Shure compare to their other budget offering the IEM SE112?

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #19 of 21
  After listening to each one for quite a while i find myself prefering the SRH144 due to its better overall balance. I like my bass but the SRH145 is tilted too far to the low end with not enough top end. I ended up giving the SRH145 to my 9 year old nephew, i figure it should be a good test to see how durable it is :D

Turns out durability is a bit of a mixed bag as the right earcup popped out of the headband when he was pulling it down one time. Turns out its only held in by a little plastic knob so it can pop in and out fairly easily.

Sep 16, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #21 of 21
Shure lended me a pair of SRH145, just thought I'd share my review:

http://www.androidguys.com/2015/09/16/shure-srh145-on-ear-headphone-review/

Overall, good value for $39.  I like the mids.  Treble is slightly held back and bass pushed forward (a little boomy too).  Comfort was great.  Feels cheap, but I like the touch from the metal-finish band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back