shure softflex tips for im716
Dec 18, 2006 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

binkgle

500+ Head-Fier
I love my im716s, but I long ago lost the foamies (before I ever got a chance to use them), and the tri-flanges are painfully large, especially right after inserting the tips and after maybe an hour of listening, if that. This puts a pretty serious damper on the excellent sound quality.

I've been told, but would like to confirm, that the small shure ultra-soft flex tips would both fit the im716s and be a better size for my ear canals. is this true? or are the mediums small enough?

thanks in advance,
binkgle

Dec 19, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #2 of 5
anyone?

Dec 19, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #3 of 5
I use medium soft flex and they are very comfortable with ETY ER-4S similar to your 716. It depends on the size of your ear canal. I seem to get a good seal but it is not as isolating as the triflanges. If you want to use it on a bus or train you are better off with the triflanges or else soft flex should do the job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by binkgle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my im716s, but I long ago lost the foamies (before I ever got a chance to use them), and the tri-flanges are painfully large, especially right after inserting the tips and after maybe an hour of listening, if that. This puts a pretty serious damper on the excellent sound quality.

I've been told, but would like to confirm, that the small shure ultra-soft flex tips would both fit the im716s and be a better size for my ear canals. is this true? or are the mediums small enough?

thanks in advance,
binkgle

Dec 19, 2006 at 4:50 AM Post #4 of 5
Yes, those Shure tips fit the iM716 very well, and are considerably more comfortable than either 2 or 3 flange tips........who can say whether medium or small work best for you. I use the mediums, but that info means nothing in regard to your fitting needs ......... while the online stores don't seem to stock it, Shure has them available in a three pair variety pack@ $10. Once you find that they make you happy and now know your size - they can be had in 5pr packages at a cheaper price at the other online stores.

Dec 19, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 5
are the softflex mediums smaller than the im716 triflanges? if so, i'll go for those. if they're ~ the same size, i'll get the smalls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back