Shure se535 with Ipod Touch 2G EQ issues?
Feb 26, 2011 at 7:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Evilbear8

New Head-Fier
Hi there, Im relatively new to the audio scene but just acquired a pair of SE535s a month ago. It sounds great when plugged into my macbook pro when running itunes with eq turned on to emphasize music. When i run the SE535s on my ipod touch 2g, it sounds decent until i turn on the EQ. Once that occurs the sound turns soft and recessed all across the board. My question is whether this is normal? Is this an inherent problem with the Ipod touch where it may not have enough power to run the SE535s properly and requires a portable amp or is there another explanation for what im hearing? I was previously using the senheieser IE8s prior to their demise at the paws of my puppy, but from my time with the IE8s, the touch i had never had EQ issues with these. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thx

Feb 26, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #3 of 5
Heya, thx for the reply.

Although they sound decent, the sound just doesnt sound like they have as much impact as from my macbook pro. So i was hoping the EQ on the touch could produce more impact for some forms of music. Paid a fair bit for the SE535s would kinda like to get more sound out of them from the touch or is that not possible?

Atm the sound coming out from the touch sounds quite flat and at times very sterile where as on the macbook pro, with eq off on itunes the music output on the se535s have a very impressive emphasis on vocals and stronger bass.

Feb 26, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 5
To be honest I don't have much experience with the itouch, the only thing i can suggest is to check the EQ and to adjust the bars as they might be set too low? that's just a guess from me, but i suppose every little helps

Feb 28, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #5 of 5
hi evilbear8,
  infact I also noticed the issue with the ipods....( i use my iphone 4 wiz my se535).  I simply just find that the ipods/phones r not powerful enough to keep 535 running at best and the EQ presets in the iphone 4 just doesn't do the trick.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back