Shure SE535 Cable too long, can't stand it anymore
Jun 28, 2012 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tracyrick

100+ Head-Fier
I need my SE535 cable to be the same length as the SE530 I used to have (much shorter default cable). Will make it much easier to use with my Sansa Clip, clipped onto my shirt, without excess cable coiled up and dangling below me.

I called Shure. They won't do the modification due to quality/warranty concerns. They won't also make a shorter cable since most users are musicians who need the long cable. Although if enough people ask, the parts guy told me they will consider it. He said they document all requests like this, which is decent of them. Other part was, he said he also has a hard time with the longer cable when working out, LOL.

I could buy a replacement cable for $30 and try to shorten it myself - will this be difficult? Or find someone to do it. Looking for ideas on this. Either how to shorten it myself, or a good company that can do it for a reasonable price. Anyone gone down this route yet?

The nice part of course is that with the detachable cable, I have a lot less risk here than if the cable was part of the earphones like the SE530 was. So I figure there's got to be a fairly easy way to do this.

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #2 of 3
Look up and PM Member:

soundstige

He repairs, and I am sure could help you out.

Cheers, Jim

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #3 of 3
You're in luck, there are dozens of options to shorten the cable. 

Just search Ebay for "SE535 cable" and dozens of results will pop up from cheap to expensive. Here's one I think is a good price and probably sonically acceptable: 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6N-OFHC-Shure-upgrade-cable-SE215-SE315-SE425-SE535-/150828219072

Many of the sellers can be contacted and you can request for a custom length. I find the length of 125cm to be exactly perfect for me, but everyone is different.

PM me for more info. I own 9 different cables for SE535...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back