Shure SE530
Oct 24, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #16 of 32
As said above the hiss is noticable when you first put them in out of the headphone out on the ipods, but when you start listening unless you conciously listen for the hiss it goes away. If you get an amp I would suggest a line out dock (LOD). This runs from the bottom of the ipod to the amp and gets rid of the hiss in my experience, it also sounds cleaner.

And also said above, 530s eat the bose lineup.

Dave

Oct 25, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #17 of 32
alright, i just got the earphones and i tested them out for an hour, they sound great. how long should i leave them playing so that their completely burned in though? They have been playing for about 3 hours.

Oct 25, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-e.n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
alright, i just got the earphones and i tested them out for an hour, they sound great. how long should i leave them playing so that their completely burned in though? They have been playing for about 3 hours.

Well they don't really need to be burned in, but honestly, I think I noticed an improvement after about 20 hours play in. But I was listening so hard for a difference it may not existed :p

Oct 25, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-e.n /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a big believer in burn in for certain things. Some amps, some headphones, but not for IEM's. What you hear is what you'll hear a year from now (IMHO).

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #20 of 32
alright, thanks guys
oh, i forgot to add: I have about 10,000 songs in my iTunes. Most of them come from iTunes before they started the whole iTunes Plus thing so most of my songs are 128kbps. This is really annoying, and I'm really not into downloading music illegally and all. So what should I do? It just kills me to listen to my music in such bad quality

Oct 26, 2008 at 11:49 AM Post #21 of 32
128. No wonder the Bose didn't sound bad for the money. Re-record at Apple lossless or something and buy the 530s for about $330. Or, if stuck at 128, save your money and enjoy what you have.

Oct 26, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #22 of 32
i started updating my library (the songs i bought cannot be changed). this pushes me to only listen to the 250-320 songs though. i didnt transfer any files from cd's though because i dont have any.

Oct 26, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #23 of 32
I've had my SE530's for 11 months. Or rather, I've had *three* SE530's, and #4 is coming:

* The first one had a hotter right channel.
* The second one's right channel went completely dead.
* The third one's right channel went completely dead. It's with Shure Service now. I expect them to ship me another one.

* I wear the 530's probably 8 hours a day at work.
* I'm very careful with them. They're either in my ears, or in the Shure case.
* No, I don't remove them by pulling on the cords.
* They sounds great, right out of my iPod Classic. Even better out of a headphone amp, but the difference isn't dramatic.
* You really do need to rip at >128. I find that things start getting good at 192. Since my Classic has an 80g hard disk, I have everything ripped at 320.

* Shure service is great.
* My three sets of SE530's have not been.
* Caveat Emptor.

Adam

Oct 26, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #24 of 32
since u got through three pairs of SE530, i wanna ask something. this question has been asked many times and i think u can answer it
smily_headphones1.gif

does SE530 benefit from burn in?

sorry for ordeal with SE530. i hope the troubles worth the sound they produce, which have have no doubt it will.

Oct 26, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #25 of 32
It does not benefit from burn-in.
Armature drivers don't burn-in.

Oct 26, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #26 of 32
my music is ripped at a minimum of 320. i rip as much as possible in uncompressed lossless flac.

its the only way to be sure im getting the full potential out of my se530. and now and then when i come across a 320 song it does seem duller.

so far ive gotten only 411 songs on my D2 in lossless and now im out of space. its a bummer but at least it all sounds good.

i did have 3000+ songs on my ipod in lossless but in my search for an improved mp3 player i went to the D2 and now suffer from tha lack of space, its a harsh trade off but heck, ill buy more memory cards eventually.

Oct 26, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i did have 3000+ songs on my ipod in lossless but in my search for an improved mp3 player i went to the D2 and now suffer from tha lack of space, its a harsh trade off but heck, ill buy more memory cards eventually.

Can't you just use a LOD, I thought that bypassed the ipods quality problem? (if you use a good amp obv)

If its because you use flac files then use foobar to convert to wav and also to interface with your ipod..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back