Shure SE530 Serial #
Jul 3, 2009 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jh901

New Head-Fier
Hi

I did a search, but didn't come up with anything. Where is the serial # located on your SE530s??? Trying to register online. Description of serial# states that it is 10 characters.

Thanks!

Jul 3, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #2 of 7
The serial number isn't on the headphone. It is on a silver thing in the box. There is a serial number on the end of the y section of the cord, but it isn't what they're looking for. Hope this helps.

Jul 4, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #3 of 7
There are two series number, one on the box and one on the Y-splitter of the IEM. The one on the box is pretty much useless to the user once pass registration. The one on the Y-splitter is the important one when you need to claim warranty, as it is the date of manufacture. It should read XXXX SE530 (X as digit). For example, if it is 1209 SE530, it means it was manufactured on the 120th date of 2009. That along with your receipt will give Shure an idea whether your SE530 should be in warranty or not. It helps prevent people from sending in old SE530 as still-in-warranty product so that they can get a new one.

Jul 4, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 7
OK, I see the one on the Y-splitter, but I have no "silver thing" in the box. I also have no receipt since I got it on Ebay (new, not used) from a reputable power seller. All manuals/other papers and accessories were included...nothing suspicious....

Should I be concerned?

Thanks for the advice....

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #6 of 7
I assume you paid via Paypal? You can use the Paypal receipt, just print it out so you'll have a hard copy.

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jh901 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I see the one on the Y-splitter, but I have no "silver thing" in the box. I also have no receipt since I got it on Ebay (new, not used) from a reputable power seller. All manuals/other papers and accessories were included...nothing suspicious....

Should I be concerned?

Thanks for the advice....

Well. I wouldn't be concerned because it sounds like the real deal. However, to fully get Shure's warranty you needed to purchase it from an authorized dealer. Unless the ebay seller was an authorized dealer, I don't think Shure will honor the warranty...sorry man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back