Shure se530 + portable amp
Jul 7, 2009 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jbizzle

New Head-Fier
Hey ive had my se530's for about 3-4 months now and i love them to death. But i notice when i plug them into my pc i get quite a increase in bass and overall volume... i have no eq turned on its just the flat audio.... im wondering if buying a ibasso t4 would give me the same experience on my portable source? thank you.

Jbizzle

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #3 of 6
my portable source is a sony 8gb walkman nwz-a728 and it doesnt have to be that peticular amp... just dont wanna go crazy on the price... i also i dont wanna tweak my players eq i just want that fuller sound that i get from my pc... i figured its a power issue so i assume and amp would help but i dont know lol

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #4 of 6
ok never mind it was because i was running it through my bose companion 2 headphone jack totaly changed the sound.... i will not do that again lol straight out of pc sounds identical

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #5 of 6
Tomahawk and some other RSA amps are known to be well-compatible with the SE530, but they'll add bulk to your setup (whether or not that matters to you I dunno). I'd advise against buying the T4 solely for use with SE530. Some of the T4's are known to hiss like a snake with sensitive IEM's, and SE530's are exactly that. Now, T4 is a decent portable amp, and it does improve sound quality with the SE530, but not by THAT much and the hiss is very much evident on mine.

I go ampless with my 530, personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back