Shure SE530 or Westone UM2...
Oct 16, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #31 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by MVPlaya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is Shure really not honoring the warranties of Unauthorized resellers/retailers?

The headphones have been out for less than a year, so they have to honor it regardless right?

"In order for this warranty to be valid, the consumer must, at the time the product is returned, provide proof of purchase in the form of the original purchase receipt directly from Shure or from a Shure-authorized reseller."
Taken from Shures support page regarding all SE models.
Not sure about the one year obligation you mentioned.

Oct 16, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #32 of 49
Meta-Fi, check their website. it's USD450. USD500 for SE530PTH.

And make sure u dont miss this part
smily_headphones1.gif

"Lower Price is Available

Give us a call for our lowest price! 1-866-722-6621. We will also match and/or beat any authorized dealer price!"

Oct 16, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #33 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by MVPlaya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You sound a bitter at the end. The UM2's are said to have better bass response, period. Check out the reviews at earphonesolutions.com... they break it down to the strengths of the UM2, SE530, and Triple.fi.

There is a thread here of someone going from the SE530's to the UM2's and preferring the UM2's.

Point blank is, the UM2's perform very well up against the SE530's.

I chose the earphone based on what I was going to use them for. The UM2's seem to be more fun and relaxed. Easy to just put on and enjoy the music. The SE530 seems to have people analyzing the music, etc.

Either way, they were both the same price for me. It took me a while to decide. I wanted the SE530PTH too, but the UM2 seems to be the best for my position.

I really wish I could try them both before buying though.

EDIT
BestBuy.com has them for sale... so since I'm getting the UM2's I can purchase those for at trial run.

na im not sour lol, its just my opinion, wanted to make that clear at the end, your right the um2 probably is better for your situation, all i said is the se530 is better overall, sound is very subjective and if you like bass you may well love the um2 more no doubt.

sorry for coming across sour
happy_face1.gif

Oct 30, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #34 of 49
Right now I have both of these. I ordered some SE530PTH from BBY to take advantage of their 30 day return policy.

I'm liking the UM2 more with the music I listen to. A lot of what I've read here is pretty accurate.

I've read that the UM2 sounds like you're right in front of the music while the SE530 sounds like you're sitting far back. This is a good summary of it. The UM2 is much more musical and the bass is much more of my taste. The SE530 is lacking bass for the most part. It is VERY accurate though, that's no doubt. For my tastes, I'm looking of a bit more BOOM to it. No it is not the seal either.

I find the UM2 more comfortable... I like the wires, complys, and it is lighter in the ear. It's not hard to forget that you even have them on!

The SE530 is definitely very comfortable too... I can imagine anything more comfortable than these two (outside of customs).

I will write a further in depth review... I'll see which one settles me as I use them. This was my first day with the SE530 btw.

Oh, and the PTH device is the ****!

Oct 30, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
too bad. i sold my um2 today lol. i dont like the "congested" sound of mid after a month using them. now using ksc75
biggrin.gif

You should try triple.fi's

Adjusting EQ's also help...

Oct 30, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually i'm in mid of acquiring TF10p. glad u enjoy UM2.

I had the Super.fi's 5 Pro's and the highs are more apparent and louder/brighter... much more than the SE530 and UM2.

I loved the quality, however it was too much for me. I guess my ears/head can't take it because I'd quickly get headaches from it.

However, I can definitely see why people love the UE's!

Nov 2, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #41 of 49
hey i rememebr this situation
biggrin.gif
I went with the UM2's and let me tell you, i still get blown away. If you return the Shures, see if you can keep the tips. haha I made my tri-flanges from my old SE210's into bi-flanges. After cutting the stem (on the flanges), they fit flush to my ears and I prefer them over the olives now. They are very comfy and block out ons of noise. I never thought I'd settle for anything but foam. I really like the UM2's but comply tips dont last long at all. Modded tri-flanges will never wear out for me. I'm pretty happy. haha oh. If you do take the UM2 path. Sony DAP will do WONDERS for your hip hop and R&B experience. the clear bass does amazing stuff.

Nov 2, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #43 of 49
really? i personally love the sound. are you anti-eq? I've never heard the best music sources so I wouldn't know what's audiophile quality. My test song is Leona Lewis - Yesterday. The bass bumps throughout but the real test is if the bass hides her voice. I can hear her breathe on my A818 opposed to my creative soundcard which sounds like shes singing in a thunderstorm. haha I guess it's all personal preference. :/ I also admit, I'm a bit of a sony fanboy.

Nov 2, 2008 at 8:23 AM Post #44 of 49
Actually i used to pair um2 with d2 but after getting rid of d2, used um2 with Sony dap for a while. Noticed a huge jump in enjoyment with Sony but then i become greedy haha. Start to nitpicking and feel it too warm, congested, and high really rolled off in certain music.

I really like um2 with clearbass +1 or +2. it's a sound to behold haha.

Currently back into the journey for my perfect pair of IEM..

Nov 2, 2008 at 8:34 AM Post #45 of 49
I hate saying I'm one but I think I'm becoming a basshead. Everyone here prefers CB on 1 or 2 but I go full tilt, hang with me or not, all my custom eq's have +3 cb. Sometimes I get sick of the bass but I always come back to 3 somehow. What eq settings did you use with the um2's besides the cb? I got 0 0 1 -1 -1 and obviously cb3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back