Shure SE530 or Westone UM2...
Nov 2, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #46 of 49
cb+3 is fatiguing, at least for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Normally use -1 0 0 0 0 cb+1 or cb+2. Produce less low freq smearing but bass still kicking with authority. Honestly i'm a basshead too but cant really looked pass the high rolloff of UM2.

I need Westone 3 T_T

Nov 2, 2008 at 9:25 AM Post #47 of 49
haha Do you notice trends when you EQ? I found that the one furthest right tends to control the cymbals. (I can't take too many cymbal crashes so I lowered it.) However I noticed that guitars share the same one. So I compromise on -1 for that one. The middle one seems to work for hearing voices clearer (mid-range? I don't know my terms too well.) The rest I haven't been able to pinpoint but I tried your settings. I hint some hiss but I can see why someone would like the set-up. How long are you on for toughnut? After we get done with EQ we can move onto the test menu settings (; hahaha

Nov 2, 2008 at 9:32 AM Post #48 of 49
Yep, it's in this order: clearbass, low, mid low, mid, mid high, high band. each band control certain instruments. Normally i left it all flat cuz EQ does screw up some tracks.

Sorry, S630/S730 doesnt have test menu (yet) and UM2 are sold
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2008 at 9:51 AM Post #49 of 49
awww thats right you sold them. thats a bummer. I did not know that they were arranged in that order. I seemed to get a better bass response by lowering the bars on the left. Sony's doing things to my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back