Shure SE530? Is it still a top ranking IEM?
May 26, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #136 of 141
Thanks K19 - sounds like it's definitely worth it.

May 26, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #137 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaplan74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone use their 530's amped? What was the result? I am seriously considering a p-51 with my 530's and ipod.

People will tell you that you don't need an amp with the 530's, and I agree with that statement. However, I'd say the difference with my ibasso T4 is equivalent to about the difference between a second tier IEM and a top tier IEM.

Meaning, factoring in the law of diminishing returns, I think the sound is much better articulated with an amp, and worht it. Before you buy just plug them into other more well powered sources than just a DAP. With me, I found I was preferring the sound of the SHure's out of my laptop vs my nano. The nano alone (nor probably any portable player) can just not power the SE530's to their potential. They do sound better with more power.

May 27, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #138 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Before you buy just plug them into other more well powered sources than just a DAP. With me, I found I was preferring the sound of the SHure's out of my laptop vs my nano. The nano alone (nor probably any portable player) can just not power the SE530's to their potential. They do sound better with more power.

Agreed, the more current supply those multi-Armature Drivers IEMs got the more open up and sparkle sound they played. But imo that don’t usually mean you could get a better sound performance out of the IEMs by just pushing up the power.

May 29, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #139 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have read that some years ago. I really don't agree with LFF. UE-10 does pretty much everything better than the SE530's. If you keep reading the thread, people who own both phones pick the UE10's as the better one.

Wow, I do a search for an old post of mine and this whole thread comes out about me preferring the SE530 over the UE-10, and how LFF told me this but LFF posted this, but somehow LFF wrote this and that etc etc.

I don't remember if I made it explicitly clear but the reason I preferred the SE530's over the UE-10 was strictly over the price/performance aspect. The SE530's sound great to me, especially at the price they were offered. Jasper994 and I (who own the SE530's and UE-10's) both agreed on that. HOWEVER, the UE-10 is indeed better - much more refined. I also believe Jasper994 agreed on that. I love my SE530's and take them with me when I like to share what I am listening to but my UE-10's are used every single day and the only way they will leave me is when I die - and not even then - I want to be buried with them. You can quote me on that.
wink_face.gif

May 29, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #140 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I do a search for an old post of mine and this whole thread comes out about me preferring the SE530 over the UE-10, and how LFF told me this but LFF posted this, but somehow LFF wrote this and that etc etc.

I don't remember if I made it explicitly clear but the reason I preferred the SE530's over the UE-10 was strictly over the price/performance aspect. The SE530's sound great to me, especially at the price they were offered. Jasper994 and I (who own the SE530's and UE-10's) both agreed on that. HOWEVER, the UE-10 is indeed better - much more refined. I also believe Jasper994 agreed on that. I love my SE530's and take them with me when I like to share what I am listening to but my UE-10's are used every single day and the only way they will leave me is when I die - and not even then - I want to be buried with them. You can quote me on that.
wink_face.gif

I'm sorry if i misinterpret what you wrote LFF
wink.gif

I do agree with you though, for it's price the SE530's are amazing IEM's. Too bad i don't have the UE-10's anymore. I sure do miss them. Used them every single day for about 3 years.

May 30, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #141 of 141
I like my se530. but I can't just say it is the best. you know, while earphone goes this high class, it almost depent on your flavor but not which one is the best. there is no best earphone in the world. only the one is best fit for you.

I think,hencetofore. the best sound i have heard is kenwood D9+SE530.

but, maybe i can found a new one that i like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back