Shure SE530 and ....
Jul 20, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #61 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by dippyboy_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mate how did u manage to install that oggplayer in ur phone and still get it going good? i mean i just installed that damn symbian oggplayer in my n91 last week and after that its showing hdd unavailable. now its lying in the service centre & the nokiacare guy told me that it corrupted the hdd. btw do the oggplayer plays flac file?

hmm, I can't remember how I installed oggplay (it was over a year ago), but I never really had any issues. As for FLAC, yes, that's the only reason I use it. I can't stand mp3's
smily_headphones1.gif

Symbian OggPlay

your N91 is listed here under S60 v3... so I'm not sure why you are having difficulties? All I did was load the .sis onto my mass memory, and ran it.

Oct 11, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #62 of 68
I'm using my SE530s with a Cowon D2+ and well burnt in little Dot MK1+ portable amp, i'm hoping to upgrade to a Pico at some point. Not that i'm displeased with the LD (far from it!) but rather for aesthetic value, the LD looks humongous sitting next to the Cowon, heh!

Sound quality wise go for a Cowon or Zune, if your more after storage go for a ipod classic.

Oct 12, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #64 of 68
Here it comes:

I'm using SE530 with my Amp3 and it sounds fantastic.

(snickers manically)

Seriously though they sound quite good with it IMO, hiss is only an issue with quieter music such as classical and using the volume attenuator completely eliminates it. I feel the sound is pretty flat but still very musical.

That said I do not think it tops my iBasso D3 using ipod 6g with lod (and definitely is not better than D3 using usb dac), but as my ipods have both died I needed a new player and wanted one that had good SQ on its own. I love the Amp3's portability (WAY easier to carry around/ walk around with) and even though the D3 ipod combo is better, its not a huge gap between them SQ wise IMO. I'm more than satisfied with Amp3 SQ. And it has around 100 hours battery life and surprisingly good FM radio.

Storage capacity is the obvious downside to this player (just under 20gb using a 16gb microsdhc card) but now that I'm using it, its not as bad as I worried it would be. I was really insecure about carrying less than all my library with me but you'd be surprised how much you can fit. That it also can function as amp only is another plus. I will probably pick up one of the new 160gb ipods down the road for carrying my entire lossless library around (dbpoweramp makes flac <--> alac conversion super easy).

Oct 12, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #65 of 68
@ Bigburger , I'm definitely happy with them, matched with the Cowon D2s sound options you really can't go wrong. My main gripe with the D2 is it's interface which just sucks balls, especially if your used to the chimp-friendly itouch.

Probably pointless putting this up since we all have different preferences but heres a D2+ EQ setting i like using with the SE530s (with medium olive tips):

80hz 0
230hz -5
850hz -4
3.2khz -2
11.7khz 0

Mach3Bass, around 4-6
MP Enhance on (for a bit more sparkle)
Volume, around 18-22 (for most music)

Never cared much for BBE or surround/stereo enhancements, they seem to muddy the sound up slightly, to my ears anyway.

Oct 15, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #68 of 68
I'm using the SE530 with 5.5G RWA iMod and GS Voyager and it sounds great. The setup brings the very best out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back