Shure SE435/535 + GimmeDigi.com - Safe To Buy? Fake?
Apr 5, 2011 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

byronometer

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

I've been looking to purchase a new pair of in ear headphones. Previously I've been using the Sennheiser CX300-II but the cable has broken twice in two years. The first pair was replaced by the warranty and the second one was out of warranty. Although I didn't mind the sound I'm not too keen to go back as I've no doubt the cable will break again.

I've been looking at much higher end models in the Shure SE435 and Shure SE535 and wondering if the increase in price is justified by the increase in sound between the two models. I like the shure's because they have detachable cables and kevlar reinforced and them seem that they will last much longer. Has anybody had any issues with them since they purchased them?

Also i've been searching around for prices on the internet and I've come across a website called gimmedigi.com which offers the shure se535 at 399 + shipping which is the best price i've found. I realise that if I purchase from there I only receive 12 months warranty instead of two years but just wondering if anybody else has  bought  from there and whether they are fake or legitimate sellers. From what I can see they are setup in hong kong which is notorious for fakes on ebay.

Appreciate any advice people have and any other models they recommend.

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #2 of 8
You can get Shure SE535s for $385 at electronics expo.  Search the forums for the coupon codes.

edit:  Oh and electronics-expo is an authorized dealer so you get the full 2 year Shure warranty.

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for the response I checked out the website however I'm in AUS and from what I can see although its no that clear they don't seem to ship to australia. Its nice to know that there are still ways of finding cheaper prices than what i've discovered already though.

If anybody else has some advice on gimmedigi.com and what headphones they prefer that would be great to hear. I'm more than happy to look at other headphones if people believe that the money paid for this headphones is not worth it.

Apr 6, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
Thanks for the response I checked out the website however I'm in AUS and from what I can see although its no that clear they don't seem to ship to australia. Its nice to know that there are still ways of finding cheaper prices than what i've discovered already though.

If anybody else has some advice on gimmedigi.com and what headphones they prefer that would be great to hear. I'm more than happy to look at other headphones if people believe that the money paid for this headphones is not worth it.

I've been reading these forums for a while now, and I think most people would agree that 399USD for Shure SE535s is definitely worth it.

Personally I wouldn't buy it from gimmedigi.com just because they aren't an authorized Shure dealer.  A lot can happen to a pair of earphones in two years (or one year for that matter) and knowing you're covered by warranty is important to me.

Jun 28, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #7 of 8
Hmm tried the Website did';t see any Shure's listed. I'd go with Ptrutkwosky's suggestion if I were you

Oct 19, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #8 of 8
I TOTALLY agree with you! I ordered the Sony headphone on 15th September. But I didn't received the item. I emailed the seller to ask the status on 22nd September, but I was told the item haven't been dispatched yet. I emailed again on 28th September, but I was informed the item is out of stock!! But it is still for sale on website, when it is out of stock! I spend two months to dispute and claim in paypal. Never shop in dimmedigi, unless you wanna try your luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back