Shure SE425 First Impressions + Updates
May 9, 2012 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

junkimchi

100+ Head-Fier
There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for these IEMs on this site so I decided to do a small write up in its various stages!

All impressions made from a Fiio E7/E9 Combo playing FLAC unless otherwise noted

Out of the Box : 0 - 10 hours

Fit:
- Currently using the smallest black foam tips. The foam tips make my inner ear a bit itchy, I hope this doesn't stay!
- The memory cables make putting these earphones on a bit difficult. Minus for now however I am almost certain that I'll find a good method with some time.

Sound:
+ The reviewers aren't joking when they mention that the mids on these IEMs are superb. Vocals especially in vocal-prominent passages truly shine especially coupled with the rather constricted soundstage. The mids are so smooth and forward that it literally makes me want to sing my heart out while listening to Muse.
+I can see how reviewers note that the bass is very flat. At times it almost seems like the mid frequencies are overrepresented to cover for low frequencies and the usual "boom" is missing and is replaced with a rounded bassline.

Update Log:
5/9/12 : Initial post date

Users who are viewing this thread

Back