Shure SE315 bulky?
May 2, 2011 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dank001

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I just received my new Shure SE315 in the mail on Friday and I have been using a lot for the past two days. I like the high's and mid's a lot. The base could stand out a little more in my opinion, but I do love a lot of base so that may just be me (I like the base on the IE7's). Over all, I like the sound a lot, but my main issue is the build.

the buds themselves are not bad, I have always liked the shure build and comfort, but the SE315 seems kind of bulky, do anyone agree? The cable spins on a 360 detachable cable, but the cord itself is thick as anything and I like to put them behind my ear. It is a moldable wire but it seems to be awkward to wear. Maybe I'm just used to a soft wire and I just need to get used to this, but I wanted to get other people's opinions.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Dan

May 2, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
Hey guys,

I just received my new Shure SE315 in the mail on Friday and I have been using a lot for the past two days. I like the high's and mid's a lot. The base could stand out a little more in my opinion, but I do love a lot of base so that may just be me (I like the base on the IE7's). Over all, I like the sound a lot, but my main issue is the build.

the buds themselves are not bad, I have always liked the shure build and comfort, but the SE315 seems kind of bulky, do anyone agree? The cable spins on a 360 detachable cable, but the cord itself is thick as anything and I like to put them behind my ear. It is a moldable wire but it seems to be awkward to wear. Maybe I'm just used to a soft wire and I just need to get used to this, but I wanted to get other people's opinions.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Dan

be thankful you have made the purchase now and not 1 year ago when only the se310 was out, that cable is the biggest improvement shure could have made to the whole line however it does look heavy, but shure tries to pride itself on the heavy seemingly well made design of the phones and cables.

May 3, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 5
I've been using my se315's for 3 months and i do not find any bulky issues. In fact, it feels small for me. The bass of shure's has the saying of "serve what is to be served", it does not deliver too much bass nor cancel out bass. Agree?. In your case, maybe its bulky because it takes over your whole outer canal.

May 7, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #4 of 5
I've had mine for about 5 months now and I do find them to be a little uncomfortable if I listen to music for awhile. I think it's cause they have a bit more length than other in-ears, so they put some pressure, at least for me, on the back of the ear. But, I guess it comes down to how your ear is shaped. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back