Shure SE215i vs. Rockit R-50?
Nov 24, 2012 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lilfilboi123

New Head-Fier
My only gripe about the R-50s is the absence of inline mic and controls, and i will probably use my iPhone as my main source of music. Do you think the Shure SE215i's will make up for their price with the mic controls? I have found a pretty good deal for them... do you think with a good EQ i can achieve the sound i want? I would get the R-50s, but right now im leaning more towards the shure 215i's for their mic control..

Nov 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
My only gripe about the R-50s is the absence of inline mic and controls, and i will probably use my iPhone as my main source of music. Do you think the Shure SE215i's will make up for their price with the mic controls? I have found a pretty good deal for them... do you think with a good EQ i can achieve the sound i want? I would get the R-50s, but right now im leaning more towards the shure 215i's for their mic control..

What kind of sound are you looking for though? 

Nov 24, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 6
I probably prefer bass over mids and trebles, but I definitely don't want it overpowering. I also want something that can work with a wide range of genres since I do listen to many different kinds.

Nov 24, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
I probably prefer bass over mids and trebles, but I definitely don't want it overpowering. I also want something that can work with a wide range of genres since I do listen to many different kinds.

Either one would do what you're looking for. Both are balanced enough. The SE215 have a forward sound, with slightly emphasized bass that's put in check with the forward lush mids, but the treble might roll off too easily. The lack of a mic on the R-50 is too bad, but they do have a really nice, leaner, more balanced sound. I'd also suggest the PFE022 for an even more balanced sound that does well with all music, and also has a mic. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Either one would do what you're looking for. Both are balanced enough. The SE215 have a forward sound, with slightly emphasized bass that's put in check with the forward lush mids, but the treble might roll off too easily. The lack of a mic on the R-50 is too bad, but they do have a really nice, leaner, more balanced sound. I'd also suggest the PFE022 for an even more balanced sound that does well with all music, and also has a mic. 

So between the SE215s and the PFE022s, which one would you suggest? sometimes i also listen to just pure drum tracks so which would work well with drums, since a delicate balance of the bass and the treble of the crash symbols are hard to achieve?

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
So between the SE215s and the PFE022s, which one would you suggest? sometimes i also listen to just pure drum tracks so which would work well with drums, since a delicate balance of the bass and the treble of the crash symbols are hard to achieve?

The SE215 would have more body on the drums, but the PFE022 would have a tighter kick and more of a realistic shimmer on the cymbals (since the treble isn't as recessed as the SE215). Really just comes down to preference. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back