Shure SE215
Jun 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Gekkomeng

New Head-Fier
Jun 4, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 5
The SE215-CL and SE215-K are identical except colour. The K denotes black, and CL denotes clear.

The SE215LTD will sound different to the models above. It has extra bass. As someone who owns and enjoys a pair of SE215-K I'd say that more bass is absolutely the last change I'd be looking to make as there is an awful lot of it already, but it seems to be the fashion.

If you check the tests of the current Shure SE family of IEMs at http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/shure-ear-series-se215-se315-se425-and-se535-page-2 you can see that the SE215's bass response is already kind of enormous. In real world use this works very well in noisy environments because it helps mask outside noise and doesn't sound bad at all. They also sound good on low powered devices. Used in a quiet environment it can sound overblown to the point that might detract from the music. These IEMs are pretty nice and have a very appealing midrange but they really don't need more bass.

Jun 4, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 5
Agreed. I like SE-215K on the metro using the Shure foam tips. Standing on the central platform, I have to look to see whether two subways are entering the station simultaneously. Care must be taken when out and about whilst rocking to your tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back