Shure SE215, worth it?
Jul 31, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #47 of 51
I bought a pair of these just for travelling with, and I'm so impressed.. I can only compare (in terms of IEM'S) to my IE8's but I find the shure sound clean and the instruments are seperated and presented really well. They're a real all rounder sounding great with all genres and are comfortable to boot. The really brilliance of these is their durablilty, they've been absolutley smashed in my backpack, rained on, covered with sand, left out in the sun, stood on, drenched in sweat and their still going no worries.

Only gripe are those stupid ear feeder metal rod things that are supposed to make them more comfy going round your ear, cut them off straight away.

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #48 of 51
Quote:

Only gripe are those stupid ear feeder metal rod things that are supposed to make them more comfy going round your ear, cut them off straight away.

I just got the Shure 215's.  I agree they sound like terrific all-rounders. 

But does take extra effort to put them in.  Does cutting away the memory wire covers make 'em easier to loop over your ears?  

PS -- How did you cut the covers away?  Used a crimping tool?

Dec 1, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #49 of 51
I just got the Shure 215's.  I agree they sound like terrific all-rounders. 

But does take extra effort to put them in.  Does cutting away the memory wire covers make 'em easier to loop over your ears?  

PS -- How did you cut the covers away?  Used a crimping tool?

I wouldn't do that. Instead look for an upgrade cable. I bought one by fiio for about $35 and it helped some while making them much easier to loop. IMO, the bass in the 215's lack punch, which is improved by the fiio cable. The fiio cable also has just a thin clear plastic covering that somewhat shapes the loop. The cable is much easier to securely loop around your ear than the memory wire which makes you look silly fiddling to insert the earphones. The drawbacks of the fiio and other braided cables though are that they can start to hurt where they wrap around your ear and transmit a lot of noise.

Dec 1, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #50 of 51
Shure Olives fit comfortably, so if I may, I would suggest these. Or Comply too, but I'm not so sure on which specific models work with the HF5.

I recommend the shure flange tips. Just cut off the third flange (it goes too deep) and you have better noise isolation without the foam to dampen sound. Insertion is also much easier. The flange tips will still feel a bit uncomfortable, but on the third short term use, they were already comfortable.

Jun 30, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #51 of 51
Anyone to do a comparison between the SE215s and IE8s or IE80s?
I know this might not be a fair comparison as the 2 Sens above are priced significanlty higher but I would be very interested in comparison like that as I've just bought the SE215 and I'm wondering if I'm losing anything... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back