Shure SE215 vs Etymotic Research HF5 and Audio Technica ATH-M50s
Nov 21, 2013 at 12:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Melaap

New Head-Fier
Hi everybody,

I am a college student and am looking for a pair of earphones and headphones, tight on money so i have around 120 for each. Books are expensive now :frowning2:

I'm new to the IEM market and I have been looking at the Etymotic Research HF5 and the Shure SE215. I have read many thread's and none answer my question for the music I listen to... or maybe i'm not looking hard enough. So I listen to House and Indie music, but at times Hip Hop and rap as-well. Also I would like to say that i'm highly considering the Audio Technica ATH-M50s to pair with the HF5 or SE215's. So the IEMs would be for going to class and the ATH-M50's would be for my dorm.

Thanks for all the help.. and sorry for the grammar errors.... Business Major!

Nov 21, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #2 of 6
The SE215 is more warm/dark than the HF5 (I have both). The HF5 is more neutral sounding. I prefer the HF5, but I don't listen to the type of music you listen to. I suspect you would prefer the SE215, and it will probably be a bit closer to the M50 than the Etys - although personally, I like both the HF5 and SE215 better than the M50. But, again, I don't listen to the same music you do - just not my thing...

Nov 21, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the reply Billybob. What type of music do you listen to? Hf5 aren't known for bass and I have only had cheap earphones. How would you say they compare to a cheap skullcandy inked?

Nov 22, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #4 of 6
Nov 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks Zamorin, I have seen the 300 iem reviews and that how I got to the Hf5 and the se215's.

Do you have ether one of these? If you do what type of music do you listen to?

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #6 of 6
I originally wanted to get the SE215. I listen to almost any genre. Lot of times, rock. I got the T-Peos H-100. I don't like it's very V shaped signature but is has good sub bass and extension. I've now ordered the Vsonic GR07BE. I believe they are far better than either the SE215 or the H-100. Just check out the GR07 appreciation thread. Another thing is everyone who bought the GR07 based on my recommendation has thanked me for it. It hasn't happened to any of my other recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back