Shure se215 Special Edition or se325?
Oct 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

warkittens

New Head-Fier
I am in the market for new IEMs to replace a pair of VSonic GR02. The deal is I keep breaking IEMs in a specific way, and replaceable cables plus the form factor should make the Shures a worthwhile purchase. 

I'm not a bass head by any step of the imagination, but I do enjoy bass and some sub-bass. I'll be using them mostly with my laptop for some gaming, watching YouTube series, NetFlix, etc. They will still see use for music too. I listen to a lot of different music, so it's hard to give an idea of what I like. 

I definitely want to avoid really harsh treble as it hurts my ears, and definitely want something non-fatiguing. I very much loved the GR02 sound, but I do tend to end up falling asleep or laying on my right side which wrecks them. I know the Shures won't replicate this sound. 

I appreciate any insight. 

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #2 of 6
"SE" doesn't mean a thing. Spring for the 325 if you can afford them--they are a smidge on the warm side, so you need not worry about fatigue. 

Oct 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #4 of 6
I was underwelmed with the Shure SE315 considering how much more it cost than the Shure SE215. I'd personally buy the Shure SE215. 

Oct 24, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 6
If the difference in price between the two represents a meaningful amount of money for you...don't get the SE325.

Oct 25, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #6 of 6
I would go for the SE215 first if I were you. It's a good introduction to the Shure house sound, plus they're very reasonable in terms of price v performance. Spend some time with them first, then upgrade to a SE535 or even SE846 in the future once you've become more acquainted with them.

About the Shure house sound, it's basically on point with what you've described as your preferred sound signature, so I'm quite sure you'll enjoy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back