Shure SE215 phones
Mar 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

marcellin1217

New Head-Fier
Hey all, I've just gotten new Shure SE215 phones and I was wondering if anybody had any advice on burning in...
The phones came with a burn in CD, which I'm using, and I've found three files of white, pink, and drum noises,

By far, I don't think the bass is as good as the ones I've tried at the shop, so does anybody have any advice on how I can get the bass out? or on the burn in? cause I don't want to mess these phones up. :/

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #2 of 9

Quote:
Hey all, I've just gotten new Shure SE215 phones and I was wondering if anybody had any advice on burning in...
The phones came with a burn in CD, which I'm using, and I've found three files of white, pink, and drum noises,

By far, I don't think the bass is as good as the ones I've tried at the shop, so does anybody have any advice on how I can get the bass out? or on the burn in? cause I don't want to mess these phones up. :/

Just use them, up to you on whether you listen or not. As for bass, make sure you have a seal.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #3 of 9
I know I have a seal, I keep adjusting them till I can't hear anything outside...

I'm just want to ask if anybody knows a proper way of burning in (primarily for bass) without damaging the phones...

Thanks

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
I know I have a seal, I keep adjusting them till I can't hear anything outside...

I'm just want to ask if anybody knows a proper way of burning in (primarily for bass) without damaging the phones...

Thanks

Like I said, just use them, they will burn in under normal usage. As for the difference in bass, did you test them using your own source, or something in the store that might of been using bass boost, different EQ etc?

Mar 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #7 of 9
No, this is personal from the shop I bought these phones from...

Music playing right now seems to help moderately...

But still, for bass would y'all recommend pink or white noise? cuz I found a burn-in app on my iPhone and i think it'll help to burn at night when I'm not using the phones

Nov 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #8 of 9
Burning in of these typically don't change the sound that much, from what I've read and from my own experience, although it will make the overall sound smoother. And I agree with Watagump - they will burn in under normal use, there isn't really a certain way to burn in headphones, you can just use the music you listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back