Shure SE215 or UE600: Please help me.
Oct 10, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #31 of 41
Not to through a wrench in everything but I have both the UE700 and SE215 and much prefer the UE700 to the SE215. I feel like the SE215 have too much bass and aren't that comfortable. UE700 on the other hand are extremely comfortable to the point you forget you had them on and sound great (I listen to everything); however they do have a good amount of cable noise so they might not be the best pair to take jogging.

Oct 10, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #32 of 41

Quote:
Not to through a wrench in everything but I have both the UE700 and SE215 and much prefer the UE700 to the SE215. I feel like the SE215 have too much bass and aren't that comfortable. UE700 on the other hand are extremely comfortable to the point you forget you had them on and sound great (I listen to everything); however they do have a good amount of cable noise so they might not be the best pair to take jogging.

I'm glad you find your UE700s extremely comfortable as almost everyone who has tried them do, including me 
smile.gif
. Of course ultimately everyone has different preferences and ear sizes. I've only listened to the UE700 briefly and I remember it being extremely fast and detailed, no surprise as it boasts 2 BA drivers (still amazing how tiny they are). The SE215 on the other hand sounds fuller to me with much more weight and bass, but nothing offensive at all. To people with smaller ears the SE215 might be an uncomfortable fit. Just bear in mind these two earphones are almost completely opposite from one another, Dual BA vs Dynamic. 

Oct 10, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #33 of 41
Yeap, earlier i was almost about to take the plunge on the UE 700's. But the lack of bass, was the deterrent. SE215 seem like what i exactly want. 

I have slightly bigger than small ears. Ummmm..average sized i guess. 
So im still deciding upon, what to get. The whole BA thing with UE700's is super tempting. But the bass isn't as thumpy as i want it to be.

I will most probably pull the trigger on the SE215's. And will probably order an extra set of Comply's to go with em.

Oct 10, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #34 of 41
I was in fairly well the same boat as the various posters in this thread last week and bought the Shure 215.  In the end I'm happy I did, I have been very impressed with their quality aurally.  I was afflicted with the poorly connecting ear, but managed to get that worked out in around 10 minutes by tweaking the connector's pin slightly.

I just got done writing a review of them if you'd like to have a look at my full impression.

For those who want the cliff notes version: Some mechanical aptitude required on my part.  Not enough sub-bass for a bass head, but bass is tight and controlled with good texture while not overpowering.  They will not please the crowd which demands sparkle with their cymbals, however vocals and instruments come through clearly and with accuracy.

Oct 10, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #35 of 41
These are the same impressions I got when I first got the SE215

Quote:

For those who want the cliff notes version: Some mechanical aptitude required on my part.  Not enough sub-bass for a bass head, but bass is tight and controlled with good texture while not overpowering.  They will not please the crowd which demands sparkle with their cymbals, however vocals and instruments come through clearly and with accuracy.

Oct 10, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #36 of 41
Great feedback!

Its decided for me. Specially since the jack issue can be easily fixed on the cable side.

Thank you so much again!

Oct 10, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #37 of 41
Cheers buddy. Hope you like them 
beerchug.gif

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #38 of 41
my UE600 came in today... so I'm going to keep the ue600 and return the shures. ue600 has a very balanced sound, a little weak on the bass, but crystal mid and highs. and 40 dollars cheaper than the shures.

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #39 of 41
Does anyone else have a pair of UE600- I just noticed today that the bass is aLOT better. more bass than my px-200IIs, which was definetely NOT the case when I first got the UE600 in... :/ 

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #40 of 41
hi
apologies for reviving this thread but i have a deal for ue600 for 30 and shures at msrp(99) canadian
what do you think would be better???
i listen to all kinds of music and dont need that much bass.

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #41 of 41
Give the UE600 a shot! For $30 is cheap as chips!

That takes the two into totally different playing field in terms of the price. Generally speaking single BA do suffer from the lack of bass. The so-called bass port on the Shure SE315 still cannot match the bass on the SE215...But at 30 bucks go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back