Shure SE215 or UE600: Please help me.
Oct 5, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #16 of 41
Congratz on your purchase OP. I personally love my SE215s. As a matter of fact, I'm listening to them as I post. 
etysmile.gif

Can't wait for your impressions.

Oct 5, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #17 of 41
Good luck op with your new se215s. They are quite good especially for $99. I enjoy mine. When i bought mine it was in impulse buy. Still don't regret it.

Oct 9, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #18 of 41
I picked up the UE600s a few months ago on an impulse buy and have not regretted it in the least.  With the included Comply tips, the isolation is fantastic and the sound is great.  I'm in between pairs of over ears right now and they are doing an admirable job of filling in for my full time cans.

Oct 9, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #19 of 41
Stuck in the exact same dillema.... 

UE700 or the UE600  or the SuperFi 5 and just like the OP - The Shure 215

I like my music detailed with punchy bass. Not over bloated or like the type where you have a whole disco going on inside your head. I like the bass, accurate , should have a quick thump. 

I was about to take the plunge with the UE700's , but after a bit of more research, found them to be plagued with Jack issues.

And i dig isolation, plus i somewhat find over the ear IEM's cumber some.

Any inputs?

Oct 9, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #20 of 41

Quote:
Stuck in the exact same dillema.... 

UE700 or the UE600  or the SuperFi 5 and just like the OP - The Shure 215

I like my music detailed with punchy bass. Not over bloated or like the type where you have a whole disco going on inside your head. I like the bass, accurate , should have a quick thump. 

I was about to take the plunge with the UE700's , but after a bit of more research, found them to be plagued with Jack issues.

And i dig isolation, plus i somewhat find over the ear IEM's cumber some.

Any inputs?

That sounds like a TF10.

Oct 9, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #21 of 41

Quote:
That sounds like a TF10.

Well, the funny thing is had the TF 10's for like 4-5 months :X (Got them during the Amazon Sale) But had to sell em off, because of some urgent money crisis. 

And right now they are pretty highly priced.

Have limited my budget to 150$'s. 

Later on after a year or so, ill be going in for customs. So dont want to spend to much on IEM's right now. Need something for daily use. 

The Denon 751's have  somewhat muddy/recessed mids. And so i am being forced to use the NE7's right now. Looking for something which can handle daily use. btw. i so take of my IEM's real well. My NE7 are almost an year and a half old. Denon's slightly more.

Oct 9, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #23 of 41
^ Aye sir! 215's it'll be!

Thanks a ton!

One last question, is the cable by any chance fragile or any concern?

Oct 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #24 of 41
i've seen alot of comments about the actual plug on the earphones connecting to the wire. the wire itself very very sturdy.

Oct 9, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #25 of 41
Sweet! Thanks a ton! :D

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #26 of 41
I should clarify- there are a few posts commenting on how the plug *broke*. I hear the shure warranty is fantastic though.

Oct 9, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #27 of 41
omg. Best buy has the UE600 for 60 dollars. so 60 for UE600, or 100 for Se215. I'm going to make a trip down there tomorrow. I will decide outside the store and decide on one of them, and return the other. I'll post back!!

edit... online only I think. Placed one for backorder.

Oct 9, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #28 of 41

The cable on the Shures are very tough. In fact, I remember they were so tough that I thought it was overly stiff and hard to get a good fit with the memory wire as it often bulged outwards. Took some time to get used to but definitely durable. The part I wasn't a big fan of was where the cable connected to the shells - it swivels around a lot when putting on the earphones. These are just minor issues though for a great bang for buck pair of earphones. The SE215 had quality control issues for the first batch as many were sent back, but these newer batches should have improved quality control. 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
One last question, is the cable by any chance fragile or any concern?

Quote:
i've seen alot of comments about the actual plug on the earphones connecting to the wire. the wire itself very very sturdy.

Oct 9, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #29 of 41

Quote:

The cable on the Shures are very tough. In fact, I remember they were so tough that I thought it was overly stiff and hard to get a good fit with the memory wire as it often bulged outwards. Took some time to get used to but definitely durable. The part I wasn't a big fan of was where the cable connected to the shells - it swivels around a lot when putting on the earphones. These are just minor issues though for a great bang for buck pair of earphones. The SE215 had quality control issues for the first batch as many were sent back, but these newer batches should have improved quality control. 
beerchug.gif

Hmmmmm,

Another thing, does SHURE offer international warranty? 

And is the jack on the IEM shell, that big a concern? I mean i take care of my IEM's real well. It wont give in that easily right? 
Im kinda confused here, because i wont be getting another IEM for at least an year. After which ill be going in for High end customs. So i am looking for something which can last for a while.

Ultimately i was thinking about the Monster Turbines. But most reviews suggest that they go all out on bass and aren't as detailed.

Oct 10, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #30 of 41

Quote:
Hmmmmm,

Another thing, does SHURE offer international warranty? 

And is the jack on the IEM shell, that big a concern? I mean i take care of my IEM's real well. It wont give in that easily right? 
Im kinda confused here, because i wont be getting another IEM for at least an year. After which ill be going in for High end customs. So i am looking for something which can last for a while.

Ultimately i was thinking about the Monster Turbines. But most reviews suggest that they go all out on bass and aren't as detailed. 

Yes they have international warranty and excellent customer service.I wouldn't worry about the build quality but of course take care of your phones. IMO I definitely would've picked the SE215 over the Turbines as I find the build quality and sound to be much better than on the SE215. They should last you at least a year no problem. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back