Shure SE215 LTD vs. Monster Turbine Pro Gold
Jan 12, 2013 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

benk97

Head-Fier
I got my Shure SE215 LTD in the mail like a week ago and I'm enjoying them. That being said the Turbine Gold's are sale right now and I was wondering if I should just return my Shures and go for the Turbines. I've owned the regular 99$ turbines before.

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #4 of 11
The Turbine Pro Gold are supperior in term of soundquality and they share similar soundsignature with Turbine regular, so i will recommend to buy MTP Gold.

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 11
Turbine gold suffer from driver flex (I don't know if you understand) basically is a weird sound every time you insert them into your ears (which is annoying IMO)
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/643679
Been honest, I have some resentment about monster cables, but that's my thing.

Shure se215 has detachable cables, which is the weakest link in every IEM. With good care of them, it could be the last pair you buy and I like the sound...

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #6 of 11
I think I'm going to pick up the Gold's at Best Buy and audition them. If I like them I'll return them and order the turbines on amazon, but more thoughts would be appreciated.

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
I got my Shure SE215 LTD in the mail like a week ago and I'm enjoying them. That being said the Turbine Gold's are sale right now and I was wondering if I should just return my Shures and go for the Turbines. I've owned the regular 99$ turbines before.

If you are looking for an alternative to the SE215, check out the yamaha EPH-100. They have been compared in many threads to the shure (same price range).

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #11 of 11
Having myself owned both the Shure SE215LTD and the Yamaha EPH-100 (I returned the former to buy the latter), I can say that the difference is a matter of taste. While it is true that the SE215 LTDs lack some degree of finer detail, the Yamahas have such an underwhelming midrange that you might have to EQ them heavily if your music favors it.

Heavier rock especially seemed to come to life on the Shures, where the Yamahas excel at folk, electronic, and anything else that either focuses on the fine detail of the recording or which needs a solid low-end kick in the pants.

With that in mind, know that I regret returning those Shures just about every day, and I'm thinking of re-buying them. I mention this because I'd hate to see another person make the same mistake because they thought there was a chance of improvement with a cheaper pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back