Shure SE215 jack fitment
Jul 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Jube

Head-Fier
Just got the SE215's in the mail today. I was excited to listen to them, but it looks like the cable is very robust and the plastic/rubber around the 3.5mm jack is very thick. As a result I cannot use it with my iPhone in its case. Does anyone else have this problem? What are the the options for solutions?

Jul 23, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
Just got the SE215's in the mail today. I was excited to listen to them, but it looks like the cable is very robust and the plastic/rubber around the 3.5mm jack is very thick. As a result I cannot use it with my iPhone in its case. Does anyone else have this problem? What are the the options for solutions?

If you're in the States, just order the UE900 replacement cables from UE website.
Should only cost you $20-25 for either the black or blue cable.
I'm using UE blue iDevice cable for my 215Ltd and quite pleased so far considering the Shure's iDevice cable is overpriced at $50

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #6 of 9
If you're in the States, just order the UE900 replacement cables from UE website.
Should only cost you $20-25 for either the black or blue cable.
I'm using UE blue iDevice cable for my 215Ltd and quite pleased so far considering the Shure's iDevice cable is overpriced at $50

Are they compatible out of the box? Or would I have to do any modifications?

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Are they compatible out of the box? Or would I have to do any modifications?

It's compatible out of the box.
On my iPhone5 Tunewear case, the jack can go into the earphone socket easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back