Shure SE215 iPhone cable options
Apr 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MattAKramer

New Head-Fier
I've had a pair of SE215's for over two years now and my stock cable is shorting out.  The replacement cable is 30 bucks and the iphone version is 50, however, it appears to have horrible reviews on amazon and it is criticised for not having the memory wire around the ears.  Is this the only iPhone option with inline mic and music controls or are there others?

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #2 of 7
After doing more searching I found that some people are using the replacement cable for the UE900's which run $25.  I'm leaning towards those now even though they are blue instead of black.  Anything else better before I pull the trigger?

Apr 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #4 of 7
I bought the iPhone cable with my SE425's and found it pretty flimsy and awful.   I wasn't pleased with the $50 purchase and wrote Shure as to why the "upgrade" cable was the same cable used on the lower-end SE's rather than a true upgrade to the stock SE425/535 cable.  

My stock cable also started acting up and was replaced under warranty.    Not exactly a perfect experience (especially when my old SE310's died due to cable failure).

Apr 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
I bought the iPhone cable with my SE425's and found it pretty flimsy and awful.   I wasn't pleased with the $50 purchase and wrote Shure as to why the "upgrade" cable was the same cable used on the lower-end SE's rather than a true upgrade to the stock SE425/535 cable.  

My stock cable also started acting up and was replaced under warranty.    Not exactly a perfect experience (especially when my old SE310's died due to cable failure).5

I ended up buying the logitech cable, hopefully it works better than the Shure cable.  My old se115's died to due cable failure and now my 215's have as well.  Apparently Shure can't make a decent cable.

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #6 of 7
Matt, I went with a DAC and Headphone AMP e17 by FiiO, and use Etymotic HF5 navy with the inline mic. I am very satisfied with the tones and the power. There was some chatter about getting line noise from the mic but, as long as you clip it to something such as your collar, I did not experience any thing to complain about. I am very satisfied. I use the DAC/AMP for music - the HF5s are convenient for the iPhone 5 voice calls. I initially used them on an iPhone 4 with a right angle line adapter.

May 30, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #7 of 7
Matt:

Have you received your cables yet? I bought the Shure SE215 for my son to use, while his Westone UM3X was sent in for repair (he broke the post). He really likes the sound signature more than his V-Moda Vibe and his Klipsch S4, but he just does not like the cable. While he prefers the Westone intertwined cable, the plug is different, so I am very interested to hear if you like the UE900 cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back