Shure SE215 IEM Issues - Cutting out audio?
Jun 16, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #31 of 43
I tried the ClieOS fix. Well, a variant of it since I don't have the tool ClieOS used.  Instead of the pin inside the housing, nudged the pin on the cable which was causing the problem.  Ever-so-lightly nudged it off center.  Looking at it you can't even tell if it moved at all.

The right side doesn't cut out anymore, even when I go running with the 535.  So I don't have to buy a new cable.  If it works for the se535 cable, it MIGHT work for the 215 too.  Try at your own risk.

I used the tiny clippers from a Victorinox Army Knife.  The grey tipped thing that slides out from the housing.

Finally can go back to enjoying the music.
I have the same problem here but it is not with the earbud instead it is the cable. I confirmed this when I switched both sides of the earbud and they both did not work with the left cable but perfectly fine with the right cable
How do I fix this?

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #32 of 43
I'm having the same exact issue. But since I can't find a receipt I'm out $100 dollars. Seems to be an overpriced shoddy made product. If I can't get it fixed or replaced for free then I'm not buying Shure products anymore. BTW, I'm the third one in the band with the exact same problem.

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #33 of 43
I'm having the same exact issue. But since I can't find a receipt I'm out $100 dollars. Seems to be an overpriced shoddy made product. If I can't get it fixed or replaced for free then I'm not buying Shure products anymore. BTW, I'm the third one in the band with the exact same problem.

This is a common MMCX connector problem with Shure and also other companies that use this connection. 

You should contact Shure directly, they are known for their good customer service and repairs.

Jun 5, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #34 of 43

Simple keep the receipt.

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #37 of 43
  I've got a broken set of shure 215 -CL's

Anybody got another broken pair that's just sitting around? I'm trying to repair a set of the clear ones. Could use the parts.

I'm repairing mine as well. Could use the parts as well.

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #39 of 43
  Hahaha looks like there are a lot of us. Please people, send us your broken headphones!

the MMCX connectors are garbage. I wish someone would open a lawsuit to whoever created it.

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #40 of 43
I don't know what the problem is with mine. My buddy (he repairs industrial machines for a living) said he'd have a look. And if I could grab a spare set for parts it would definitely help. I would have no idea where to begin. Sounds like it might be the connector. 

I could buy your set if they're the clear CL model...but I should probably wait and see what my buddy thinks of the issue before spending any money.

Edit:

Also - if the Carolina Panthers win by 6 or more points I might have just enough cash to purchase a new set anyway.

May 20, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #41 of 43
I have had my clear SE215's for close to a year now and they have been annoying the crap out of me. It started out with the left side making no noise at all or it worked sometimes. Don't really dare to try and move the pin, seems a bit risky. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back