Shure se215 Cable
Dec 28, 2011 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

cycro27

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all, I've recently run into some problems with my se215's cable, the audio fades in and out and seems to get fixed when I adjust the cable near the 90 degree jack. Hence, I'm assuming the cable is the problem. I'm in Canada and am wondering if anyone could guide me in how to do a warranty claim on these as I tried but am confused of the process. On the other hand could anyone recommend some possible upgrades for a replacement cable? Thanks!

Dec 28, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #2 of 14
Looks like the Shure SE215 is having lots of problems with the cable. 2 of my friends are having similar problem. Luckily, exchange in my country is easy. One to one exchanged on the spot. :D

Dec 28, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #4 of 14
My se210s died twice before the warranty expired.  Even though Shure gave me the option of getting 215's for about $70 I declined because of past experiences and numerous reviews about problems with the 215s.  Sounded great when they worked though

Jan 1, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #6 of 14
Thanks for the suggestions and feedback guys! I'm going to call shure and see if I can get it replaced, fingers crossed...

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #7 of 14
I too started to have problems with this headset after less than 30 days.  I contacted Shure and they stated they would repair under warranty for up to 2 years.  I asked what would happen if were to fail again and again.  I mean if after 30 days it fails what's to say it won't again.  Their response back to me... I was at fault.  I don't do anything but listen to music, at my desk while working. 

If I could return and get my money back I would

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #8 of 14
Yeah its just getting worse and worse at this point and they are only 4 or so months old. Shure won't fix mine either because I can't get the receipt...

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #9 of 14
My left headphone has started cutting in and out now too... Its pretty disappointing that they would break down so quickly. I haven't been violent with them either and stored them appropriately. Worst part is they were purchased from an authorized dealer, but I can't find the receipt, so shure cant do anything to help me. I bought a replacement cable out of desperation, hope it fixes it.

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #11 of 14
This is the one I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200696545793?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
I did use them to workout and do sweat a bit more than average so I guess thats what did them in. I'm going to just use them strictly for home us now though. I'm going to buy a separate pair of lower end stuff for the gym.

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:
This is the one I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200696545793?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
I did use them to workout and do sweat a bit more than average so I guess thats what did them in. I'm going to just use them strictly for home us now though. I'm going to buy a separate pair of lower end stuff for the gym.

Im sad to say... but you killed them. Or it just may be the crappy cable
wink.gif
Like i said, i did the same thing, and i screwed them up. Ive been buying fountain pens, so i haven't bought the Adidas/Sennheiser gym headphones which im looking into buying once i get some money.

Jan 23, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #13 of 14
I had a feeling I may have killed them, its why I didn't hassle shure too much about not replacing them LOL. I think the replacement cable will fix them and I am definitely going to get some turbines or something once my budget is a bit healthier. The headphones work fine still if I place the cable just right, tis why I feel the replacement cable will work!

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #14 of 14

Quote:
My left headphone has started cutting in and out now too... Its pretty disappointing that they would break down so quickly. I haven't been violent with them either and stored them appropriately. Worst part is they were purchased from an authorized dealer, but I can't find the receipt, so shure cant do anything to help me. I bought a replacement cable out of desperation, hope it fixes it.

Try switching the buds around on the cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back