Shure se210 vs. Etymotic ER-6i
Dec 25, 2007 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

spickerish

100+ Head-Fier
How does the shure se210 compare with the er-6i? Wich one has the best sound quality?

Dec 25, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 4
I've never tried the ER-6i's, but in my (continuing) search for great IEM's, the Shure SE210's were some of the worst - especially seeing how much they cost. I actually bought them twice, just to make sure the first pair wasn't defective. I've tried probably ten different IEM's mostly the crap that can be found in local retailers, and both the SE210's and the SE110's were a severe dissappointment. I have found $30 canalphones in Target that were better than either set of the Shures. YMMV.

M.

Dec 26, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #3 of 4
Going from a pair of cheap $30 dynamic canalphone to a pair >$100 balanced armature is like moving from the polluted earth to the dark side of the moon - one can say he miss the earth's forest very much (even though they are heavily polluted), but unless he is willing to look up and appreciate all the star/universe he missed all his life, he will never be happy.

If you find a pair of '$30 canalphones in Target that were better than either set of the Shures', than maybe it is because those single balanced armature isn't producing the kind of sound you are looking for?

My $0.02.

Dec 26, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 4
yeah i'm also not to shure about what he is saying, I've heard some pretty good things about the Shures. Thanks anyway.
But wich one sounds the best?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back