Shure SE112, SE215 or SE315 for a newbie?
Feb 6, 2015 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ashtiany

New Head-Fier
I've had Apple EarPods for 11 months, and they've been pretty decent up to now. I've had RHA 450s, Klipsch X1, Soundmagic E10s in the past, and while they're all better than the EarPods in various ways, I've never gotten round to buying a new pair of earphones due to the huge variety!

Anyway, I bought a pair of Bowers and Wilkins P3s because I found a Recertified pair for an amazing price, and I can't believe people would pay full price for these. So they're going back.

Now, I've narrowed it down to these 3 pairs of Shures, as they fit nicely in my budget. 

I'm after bass and comfort. Also, I'd like to know if they all offer the same amount of noise isolation if possible?

Thanks!

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 8
The 215 is the go for bass
Isolation is very good and pretty equal
For a higher quality sound with very similar sig to the 215 look up the Audio Technica Im70/50 , the 50 is a little cheaper than the 215 the 70 a little more

Feb 8, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 8
I own the 215s and owned the 315s before. I would skip the 315s. Don't know much about the 112s though.

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #5 of 8
I believe you would not be disappointed with the Shure 215; accentuated bass, decent mids and highs and excellent
customer service at a very reasonable price.

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #7 of 8
I've been looking for the LTD ones everywhere. I live in the UK and have had no luck. The only place I can find them is Accessory Jack, which I don't know much about, and according to Shure themselves, I should stay away from. 

Could I find these anywhere at all?

Feb 9, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #8 of 8
  I've been looking for the LTD ones everywhere. I live in the UK and have had no luck. The only place I can find them is Accessory Jack, which I don't know much about, and according to Shure themselves, I should stay away from. 

Could I find these anywhere at all?

http://www.shure.co.uk/shops Lots of dealers in the UK, but both Amazon and Ebay have unbeatable prices for Shure I find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back