Shure: New Earphones? (Shure E4c)
Jan 6, 2005 at 3:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91

knuxed

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Shure Previews Latest Additions to its Premium Line of Audio Accessories at the Consumer Electronics Show 2005
E4c Sound Isolating Earphones and QuietSpot Inline Headset on Display at Shure Booth

Shure Incorporated today announced the latest additions to its award-winning line of premium audio accessories: the E4c sound isolating earphones and the QuietSpot Inline headset for mobile phones, both of which are being previewed at the 2005 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Like all products in the Shure consumer audio line, the E4c and QuietSpot Inline utilize Shure's unique sound isolation design to prevent ambient noise from compromising the listening experience and to deliver the ultimate in audio quality.

Already winning industry accolades for superior design, the Shure E4c sound isolating earphones have been named one of this year's International CES Innovations 2005 Award honorees. Incorporating the same precision components used by professional musicians to monitor their performances on stage, the E4c earphones feature High-Definition drivers with Tuned-Port technology for an ultra-wide frequency soundstage with brilliant highs and extended bass. The perfect accessory for music lovers who are serious about sound quality and detail, the E4cs are also the lightest in Shure's family of E Series earphones and mirror the iconic design of the iPod.

Shure is also building off of the success of last year's debut in the headset market by showcasing the QuietSpot Inline headset for mobile phones. The QuietSpot Inline leverages Shure's trademark sound isolating design for its earpiece and couples it with its exclusive VoicePort™ Inline microphone, allowing users to hear and be heard no matter what the environment. The Inline joins the QuietSpot Boom headset as the second option in Shure's line of premium accessories for portable audio and wireless users, as well as for mobile gamers.

"Shure's consumer offerings are designed to meet the needs of savvy users who want to bring their listening experience to the next level without sacrificing the characteristics that they've come to appreciate: portability, sleek design, and superior audio quality," said Mark Karnes, General Manager of Shure's Personal Audio Business Unit. "As great strides continue to be made to improve today's portable devices, such as MP3 players, mobile phones, and DVD players, Shure is dedicated to maintaining its focus on innovation and always offering the latest in premium, high-quality consumer accessories."

In 2004, the Consumer Electronics Association estimates that consumers will have spent approximately $934 million on portable MP3 players - more than double from 2003 - which is helping to foster demand for many complementary products, including Shure's earphones. While the success of the MP3 player has created an unparalleled market opportunity for accessory products, Shure also recognizes that each year the Consumer Electronics Show is home to the debut of tomorrow's "must-have" gadgets, and as such, the entire line of Shure earphones is designed to work with all standard media devices, regardless of codec compression technologies.

Karnes continued, "Shure has a unique opportunity to fill a very pressing gap in the CE market with both our earphones and headset product lines. Up until this point, bundled earphones and standard headsets have compromised the performance of today's leading media players and mobile devices. Only Shure delivers products based on nearly 80 years of experience in the professional audio industry, and as a result, sound quality is taken to a whole new level."

About the Shure E Series
The E4c sound isolating earphones join three other options in the distinguished Shure line, helping to guarantee that Shure has the perfect match for a wide range of audio needs and preferences. At $99.00 USD, the Shure E2cs are a consumer's first introduction to premium audio and an ideal choice for upgrading bundled earphones. Both the $179.00 USD Shure E3c and the new $299.00 USD E4c are ideal for consumers looking to match the look and feel of the iPod or other portable media players, the latter offering even more detail across frequency ranges. Lastly, the Shure E5c sound isolating earphones, priced at $499.00 USD, create an audiophile's utopia, featuring dual Live Performance drivers, coupled with an inline crossover for faithful reproduction of precision highs, natural mids, and full-bodied bass.

Pricing and Availability
Shure's QuietSpot Inline headset will be commercially available in March 2005 for $39.99 USD, and the E4c sound isolating earphones will be available in the spring of 2005. Both products will be available for purchase at www.shure.com, and will come with a two year warranty.

Guys,so any of u saw this earphones or are aiming for it?

Jan 6, 2005 at 4:02 AM Post #4 of 91
They look like some sort of unholy offspring between the E3cs and the E2cs...

Anyhow. I think I'll stick with my E3cs, kthnx. =P

WOE TO ALL YOU SHURE HATERS! WOE!!!

Jan 6, 2005 at 4:38 AM Post #5 of 91
e1, e2, e3, e4, e5... I'm sencing a pattern, here
tongue.gif

Anyways, I think it's good that they took the initiative to make them, the gap in price from the e2c and the e3c compared to the gap from e3c to e5c seemed kind of akward. Just a little filler for everyone
tongue.gif

I'll be waiting for a review.

Jan 6, 2005 at 4:44 AM Post #6 of 91
is it just me or they look very photoshoped

Jan 6, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #7 of 91
its a render of a design concept.

Jan 6, 2005 at 7:01 AM Post #10 of 91
Actually, that rendering is accurate. Here's an actual photo of the new Shure E4c:

[align=center]
1e4c.jpg
[/align]

I believe the retail price will be $299.00, and will include all the same accessories as the E5c (triple flange, foams, clear flex, soft flex), with the addition of an 1/8" to 1/4" adapter.

When I asked what to expect sonically, I was assured that the E4c has improved bass and treble detail versus the E3c (which I use and like). Most in the beta group actually preferred it to the E5c (I was not one of the E4c beta testers, but I find that part compelling because I like the E5c even more than the E3c). Especially at its price, there are some things about the E5c I wanted to see improved, and I hope the E4c has the answers.

Shure won a CES Innovation Award for the E4c this year, so we'll likely see some E4c press coverage as a result.

b.gif

Jan 6, 2005 at 7:48 AM Post #11 of 91
Were the E3 and E5 models originally designed for stage use? It looks like this E4 model one was developed to target portable users, maybe even mp3 use in mind. It's even got the look to match the iPod.

Jan 6, 2005 at 7:48 AM Post #12 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
Actually, that rendering is accurate. Here's an actual photo of the new Shure E4c...

Wow, you really can see a resemblence. Color and styling is pretty nice... and the beta tests sound promising... can't wait 'till the reviews roll in!

Jan 6, 2005 at 8:51 AM Post #14 of 91
hmmm, they are bascially the same as that rendering, must of been the final rendering, that im sure was a long line.

they do look nice, and im shure sound nice, and atleast nows there is a gap filler from the e3 to e5. (ie. 160-500)

but heres the problem, i dont own an ipod, i dont want an ipod, so why do i want to pay 300 bucks for " ipod ear phones " (read aloud as , quote and un-quote). even the e3's are little ipody. yes they have grey ones even stiill.

i hope they bother to release some other solid colors (black, silver, clear, etc) so people who own non ipod DAP's or PCDP's can have something more to their liking. but i fear apples hold on the portable audio market is a tad to tight.

Jan 6, 2005 at 2:47 PM Post #15 of 91
Would it be worth it to wait to buy the Shure's E4s instead of purchasing the E3's?

Also I found the E3s on Buy.com for $134.99. I think thats a very good price. Any reason not to buy from Buy.com?

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back