Shure ear wax guards
Feb 21, 2010 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

HenryL

New Head-Fier
I've finally started to enjoy my shure SCL-2's but I have one concern... One of the ear wax guards was worn today so I took it off... When i was going to go get the slip where the others were... I couldn't find it!

I went to best buy and I couldn't find it there. I called a music store and they sell the pack... for $16. C'mon! They're basically stickers! And being a 15 year old student, money is pretty tight, and I don't want to ask my parents for money... :X Buying the headphones themselves was quite a big commitment from me... hahaha

Anyway, I was just wondering if it was really necessary to get another pack... Or should i just clean my ears twice or three times a day?
dt880smile.png

If i need to get another pack, I'll go ahead and buy them. But I want to know for next time, how often i should replace them? Or should i just try and wipe off whatever is there?

Feb 21, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #3 of 7
Try to cut a small square out of a pair of your mums old nylon stockings and put that over the sound tube before putting the tip on, that should work nicely. I have been doing that with my iem's for years

Feb 21, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #5 of 7
Well in my case from my wifes ....

Feb 22, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #6 of 7
Interesting tip, nc8000. (Pun sort of intended.)
I just ordered Comply T-500s for my Triple-fi's; no wax guard unlike the TX-500s I currently use. TF's aren't meant to have a wax guard natively but it sounds like this might be a smart protection idea - without the 2db attenuation of the TX-500s.

Feb 22, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #7 of 7
Yes I used it on the Tripple.fi's I had some years ago and it worked fine. Naturally it will have an effect on the sound on iem's like Etymotics where the filter also attenutes the sound. I have been going without the filter in my ER4 and HF2 and just using the nylon and like the resulting sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back