Shure E500 v. Ultimate Ears UE-10
Aug 25, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #586 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuarreg
Ok, so the UE10 Pro sounds better because of their design and not necessarily because of custom fit aspect? If so, wouldn't it be great if they came out with a "Universal" version. How cool would THAT be? (I would actually pay more, because of the resale value)

Well, UltimateEars is currently working on what they called universal UE10 Pro, and I heard it will be out in October.

I believe Ue10 Pro sounds good because the fact it is custom fit. To be honest, no matter How hard I tried, I do not think I can put the Shure E500 into the canal region that my UE10 Pro can reach.

Aug 25, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #587 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead
Great write up. Thanks for the info!

I will try to post a more indepth review in 2 weeks. I am trying everything I can to tune the Shure E500. Like give it over 50 hours of burn-in, and just let my ear canal to get used to the fit.

Shure E500 I find because of the angle of the tip, I can really push the tri-flange in my canal to almost where the UE10 Pro can reach.

Aug 26, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #588 of 607
Come on, a little civility and compassion
tongue.gif

Aug 26, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #589 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
Well, UltimateEars is currently working on what they called universal UE10 Pro, and I heard it will be out in October.

I believe Ue10 Pro sounds good because the fact it is custom fit. To be honest, no matter How hard I tried, I do not think I can put the Shure E500 into the canal region that my UE10 Pro can reach.

Formerly and still widely known around here as Triple X. Been around here much,lately?

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #590 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7
Formerly and still widely known around here as Triple X. Been around here much,lately?

Yah, I know about this, but they are currently trying to come up another name for it. I heard someone said they ganna finalize it like last week, but still do not get any news on this,

Aug 27, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #591 of 607
Would I experience a 'dramatic' difference between the Super.fi 5 Pro's and the new Shure E500's? I mostly listen to an iPod. Of course I have a Behringer EQ and headphone amp for home listening. Most of my music is Protected AAC and MP3 ripped between 128 and 256 kbps.

With my hardware profile above - will I be blown away by the E500's. That's a lot of cheddar for me to throw down and I'd like to think that I would be in for the 'ride of my life' but of course I'm thinking about my 'sound source' and what not.

I'd hate to get the E500's and say yes they are better than the Super.fi 5 Pro's - but not $300 difference better - know what I'm getting at.

Aug 27, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #592 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by xcodeguy

I'd hate to get the E500's and say yes they are better than the Super.fi 5 Pro's - but not $300 difference better - know what I'm getting at.

As you get to higher end of equipment. Deminishing returns come into effect, so yes, it is a lot better, but is it $300 dollar better? You are the one to decide, but I do not think you will be so blown away if you are coming from Super.fi pro.

Aug 27, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #593 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by xcodeguy
Would I experience a 'dramatic' difference between the Super.fi 5 Pro's and the new Shure E500's? I mostly listen to an iPod. Of course I have a Behringer EQ and headphone amp for home listening. Most of my music is Protected AAC and MP3 ripped between 128 and 256 kbps.

With my hardware profile above - will I be blown away by the E500's. That's a lot of cheddar for me to throw down and I'd like to think that I would be in for the 'ride of my life' but of course I'm thinking about my 'sound source' and what not.

Setting aside this crazy urge we all seem to have searching for the "perfect" instrument of our aural senses, we tend to look for greener pastures because there is something we find lacking or unsatisfying with what we have. Is there something you find amiss with your 5 Pros? If so, you have a start. Read what others say about some of the top headphones and then see if they have the qualities that are missing. If you can't really identify what you don't like, then I say: "Forget about it!" Just enjoy the music!

Tuarreg

Aug 27, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #594 of 607
Quote:

Setting aside this crazy urge we all seem to have searching for the "perfect" instrument of our aural senses, we tend to look for greener pastures because there is something we find lacking or unsatisfying with what we have. Is there something you find amiss with your 5 Pros? If so, you have a start. Read what others say about some of the top headphones and then see if they have the qualities that are missing. If you can't really identify what you don't like, then I say: "Forget about it!" Just enjoy the music!

Tuarreg

Very well put! I LOVE my Super.fi's - I'm going to relax and listen to some music. Thanks!

Aug 27, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #595 of 607
Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
I like the sound of my E500 much better with my UM56 than with all other universal tips. The sound seem more immediate and clearer and the comfort is far superior.

Aug 27, 2006 at 6:15 PM Post #596 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by navidf
Beauty is in the ear of the beholder
I like the sound of my E500 much better with my UM56 than with all other universal tips. The sound seem more immediate and clearer and the comfort is far superior.

Those are Westone sleeves right? Are they foam?

Tuarreg

Sep 23, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #597 of 607
Quote:

Those are Westone sleeves right? Are they foam?

Tuarreg

It's not a foam. It's a silicon based.

Oct 2, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #598 of 607
I also like my E500 with UM56, it's got a much fuller mid-range and bass. and the high is not too upfront, The overall texture becomes fuller and also warmer.

Oct 2, 2006 at 1:13 PM Post #599 of 607
I'm now using triflanges because they seem the most natural sounding to me. I use my K701 as a reference to tune the sound. The grey silicone tips shift the whole of the sound spectrum towards the low-end. I find that is even more true with the yellow foamies. I've yet to try the Complies, which I used with the E4c, ER6i and the ER4P/S and liked.

Oct 2, 2006 at 3:22 PM Post #600 of 607
I got ear molds shot yesterday so I can get custom sleeves for my e500's. Sensaphonics will be making the sleeves. It should take about 2-3 weeks to get the molds from the lab. I'll report on how they work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back