shure e500 reapirs?????
Jan 2, 2011 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

blkmegaman

New Head-Fier
i currently own some shure e500's. the wire on the right housing is split and does not produce any sound. if i were to send the earphones back to shure and pay the repair fee what would i get sent back in return? e500/se530/se535?????

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
i currently own some shure e500's. the wire on the right housing is split and does not produce any sound. if i were to send the earphones back to shure and pay the repair fee what would i get sent back in return? e500/se530/se535?????

possibly a 535, when owners of the 530's brought them in for warranty repairs/exchanges when the 535 came out (530 discontinued) that's what they got

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #4 of 6
I wonder if you can choose the color if you get 535s…

this is discouraging, though:
Quote:
To the person who was hoping to get his 530's replaced with 535's under warranty when the 530's fail (as the cable attachment point eventually almost inevitably will), I asked Shure about that recently when I got my 530's replaced under warranty (for the second time).  Unfortunately, their answer was no way.  They will only replace with the same model.  I even offered to pay any reasonable upgrade fee to get the 535's but the answer still was still no.

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
I wonder if you can choose the color if you get 535s…

this is discouraging, though:
Quote:
To the person who was hoping to get his 530's replaced with 535's under warranty when the 530's fail (as the cable attachment point eventually almost inevitably will), I asked Shure about that recently when I got my 530's replaced under warranty (for the second time).  Unfortunately, their answer was no way.  They will only replace with the same model.  I even offered to pay any reasonable upgrade fee to get the 535's but the answer still was still no.

dang, shure customer service doesn't seem to cheery...

Jan 3, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #6 of 6
I wonder if you wait long enough maybe the inventory of 530 will run out and they will have to replace with the 535.  My cables are cracked and split on both sides but the sound still works so I'm just using them very carefully.  I didn't want to pay $145 just to have the cables harden and crack again in 2 years.  I've got enough other headphones that I wouldn't put too much use in this one anyway.  Once it finally dies I'll think about what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back